Typographic vs. Print

Brittany88

I am in love with a tutorial I saw on the classic Hilary Duff smoky eye look. The shadows that are used includes Patina and Print. I really want to take advantage of the free shipping on mac.com and order all of the shadows used for this tutorial, but I also don't want to order shadows that I'll use primarily for only one look. So...the question is... with the sketchy swatches on the website, I wanted to get an opinion on what these shadows really look like. Could Typograhphic be used in place of Print for this look? On the site, they seem similar enough, but I know that colors can appear different based on what else you use them with. Also, for Patina, would Wedge, Cork, or Espresso be okay for a sub for it on this look? I'm not trying to be cheap, but I want to avoid buying shadows that I have really similar colors of because my 'to-buy' list is still soooo long and I want a wide variety while my collection is growing.
icon_lol.gif
Thanks so much for any input!

Bonitinha

I think Typographic and Print are close (they sit right next to each other on the display). Patina is a unique shade -- I really like it. Wedge and Cork are mattes (which I also love), but they don't have the duochrome thing that Patina has going on. Maybe you can get Patina and pass on Print and use Typographic instead.
smiles.gif

thiscarmen

Yeah Patina is totally unique and Cork/Wedge/Espresso are not similar to Patina at all. Typographic, to me, is just a smidge darker than Print, so you could just use a lighter application of Typographic to simulate Print.

IvyTrini

I think Print and Typographic are similar colours in terms of colour, but I had Print and its matte and it takes more work to blend well. I think Typographic is a matte2 and these are the best formula. So smooth and buttery. I would choose Typographic over Print.

GlamQueen21

I would go with Typographic e/s over Print e/s. Even though I don't own both of the eyeshadows but I do have my eyes on Typographic e/s.

Latest posts