UD d/b/a Hard Candy (75% off)

Starbright211

Just in case ya'll didn't already know about this... at the Hard Candy website, everything is 75% off, this makes some of the stuff cheaper than Avon... I got 29 things for $101.29
yahoo.gif

BTW I didn't really know where to put this since there isn't a Hard Candy section (or maybe there is and I didn't notice), but since it's UD d/b/a Hard Candy , I figured this was as good a place as any.
yes.gif

mizuki~

Wow that is cheap! I've never tried anything from Hard Candy. How do they compare to UD's products? Also..any recs?
choochoo.gif

Starbright211

I haven't used any of the Hard Candy products before, I ordered them for my Goddaughter (back to school gift), but as soon as they come in I plan on sticking my fingers in everything to try it out... I am hoping that they are very similar to UD.

miszjenny

huh weird it says my message is too short lol anyway let me write it again...

I am sooooo excited to try this! I bought 8 items hehe! I haven't heard of hard candy but if it's UD's brother then im expecting some goooood quality! Im beyond broke but i won't let a 75% off slide! NEVER bwahahahhaa

hhunt2

Hard Candy items are known to be more for teens, but whatever! It's makeup, it's cute and it's cheap (well now it is).

I bought 13 items last night (majority are sets/kits) for Xmas coming up. The "Peace Palette" is really cute and the size of a check book (give or take). The Eye Candy and Pyhcodelic Palettes (haha, it don't think that's the right name but it sounds like that) are well known-- 9 popular eyeshadows for $6! That's a deal.

Personally, I haven't tried Hard Candy in years (it was so long ago that I can't remember the items I tested)... I recall the eyeshadows to be "good quality" otherwise search a review on YouTube.

Oh yea, UD is having their Family & Friends Discount Event; 30% off!
See PurseBuzz's link: http://pursebuzz.com/?p=1402
UDPP 30% off, heck yea! If I didn't see her page about UD & HC, I would have forgotten about the Hard Candy sale (Sephora has the same items for 50% off but everything is almost sold out, screw that).

mariecinder

I bought some Hard Candy shadows years ago. I think it was Carmel and Popcicle. These were the individual ones that came in the little circle cases. They were way too glittery and had no color payoff and tons of giltter fallout (You think Lusters are bad? These are way worse!). That's just my experience with them.

I did however order one of the shadow palettes, and about 8 lip glosses. So I'm excited for those!

coachkitten

^^I was wondering that as well! Are they going out of business? So sad because it totally brings me back to high school. I used their nail polish like it was going out of style!

Beauty Mark

I like Hard Candy. They were one of the first department store name makeups I heard of.

My favorite were the eyeshadow quads. I think they have great payoff if they aren't glitter.

thelove4tequila

I ordered from UD last week and still waiting for it. I was tempted to buy from Hard Candy also but they really don't have anything good! The quality is just so-so with them.

jaclynashley

I bought the purple/grey/white mix tape .
I bought the Take Out Make-Up Kit regular priced for like $25 though .
th_dunno.gif

But it's only 50% off now !
I guess they're getting more business so they're hiring the prices .
And just as a caution the "glitter" in Hard Candy's eyeshadow might have aluminum foil in it so definately try not to get it in your eyes .

hhunt2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaclynashley
But it's only 50% off now !
I guess they're getting more business so they're hiring the prices .
And just as a caution the "glitter" in Hard Candy's eyeshadow might have aluminum foil in it so definately try not to get it in your eyes .

I noticed that today... the 50% off.

And the nail polish set (which I was planning to buy today) was sold out. Maybe more than expect amount of people are buying from HC, so they increased the prices.

Korms

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBadGirl
I guess this is the end of that brand then?

I read somewhere that they have pulled their product from sales at department stores etc. as they plan on only selling via the HC website. This has left them with a load of overstock to get rid of, hence the sale.

Anyhoo, the reason I resurrected this thread is because I've seen some of those cute mix tape palettes on E-bay. I'm in the UK and can't order from the HC website itself so am considering bidding on some things. I am curious as to what the quality of HC eye shadows is like, pigmentation, blendability etc. And if anyone has any photos of swatches that would be awesome also
thmbup.gif

jaclynashley

The mix tape palettes are nice.
Alot smaller than they appear though but I always think everything appears so much bigger online.
I have the breakup mix tape and it has a teal,white with like a pink sheen to it,and a purple like stars n' rockets from MAC.
I liked them and for the price it wasn't bad but definately nowhere near the quality of UD because this stuff is meant for teenagers but I'm a teenager and it doesn't mean I need less quality than an adult!
The lipglosses taste and smell TERRIBLE.
Like as in unbearable I can put up with alot of funky smelling lipglosses but this was too much.
But then again I didn't buy it for the lipglosses.
Anways to end my rant it is a good deal I suppose.
It's cute I like the mirror and eyeshadows but if you were expecting some yummy smelling lipglosses and out of this world pigmentation without any base than I'd pass on it.

Korms

Thanks for the info! I'm probably more into the packaging than the product itself, haha. If the price stays as cheap as it is now I may get one of the mix tapes.

banjobama

DAMN IT I practically peed my pants reading this thread till I realized it was started in August! LOL.

Oh well everything is still half off!

BrittanyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama
DAMN IT I practically peed my pants reading this thread till I realized it was started in August! LOL.

Oh well everything is still half off!

And starting November 18th to the 25th everything will be 75% off again
thmbup.gif

Latest posts