UD De-Slick Mattyifing Powder on WOC

iadorepretty

has anyone tried this or currently using it? i was thinking of trying out this powder cuz i have EXTREMELY oily skin. i'm always searching for the perfect mattifying product.

i know the powder is white, does it have a tendency to make darker skintones look grey?

also, how effective is it?

thanks!

GucciGirl

I am always in search of the perfect mattifying product too but I have never tried this. Have you tried the Ben Nye powder? I was thinking of picking some of that up.

Lovey99

I had it and gave it away. It did not help with oiliness. In addition, it left a white cast on my face. Not good at all for me.

sss215

Try the Ben Nye Powder. Banana is the color I use. Since I am so oily and use alot of it, its nice that its a good price. It does not leave the white cast like most of the others.

iadorepretty

thanks ladies! i do have the Ben Nye Banana Powder and although it's great for setting makeup, it doesn't help much with oil/shine throughout the day.

i bought the UD Mattifying Powder today after work and i'm gonna give it a try the next few days and see how i like it. i'll report my initial thoughts tomorrow afternoon. if it doesn't work out, i'll return it....

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadorepretty
thanks ladies! i do have the Ben Nye Banana Powder and although it's great for setting makeup, it doesn't help much with oil/shine throughout the day.

i bought the UD Mattifying Powder today after work and i'm gonna give it a try the next few days and see how i like it. i'll report my initial thoughts tomorrow afternoon. if it doesn't work out, i'll return it....

Have you tried MAC's Pressed Blotting Powder? I carry that around with me everywhere I go, in addition to blotting paper (Clean & Clear). Recently I picked up Hard Candy's Welcome Matte and I like it as well, and because the powder is a manilla color, it looks natural on the skin (I didn't buy UD's powder because it was SO stark white/blue; it was similar to the blotting powder that Clean & Clear used to make, which left a cast on my skin). Another option is Too Faced's Absolutely Invisible Powder (the original Translucent version, not Candlelight); I almost picked it up once, and it didn't leave a white caste when I tried it.

iadorepretty

so, i got the De-Slick Powder a few weeks ago and decided to use it a little bit before i made up my mind.

i have to say that i absolutely
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
this product. it has done miracle for my oil slicked face. the first coupla days i used it carried it in my purse and used it for touch-ups throughout the day and that was just okay. then i decided to see how it would work to set my foundation with and WOW what a difference!!!

if any WOC are thinking of using this product it definitely works best if used to set your foundation. i use it to set my foundation and since i wear bronzer year-round i apply bronzer or my MAC MSF Natural & my blush after and it works like a charm.

totally recommend this one.