UD eyeshadows

beautygambit

I haven't tried a lot of UD eyeshadows. I've heard that they can be a bit chalky and create a lot of fall-out. Is this true? What are some good colors with a good formula?

shellygrrl

Staff member
The glittery ones (e.g., the Midnight Cowboy shadows, also Sidecar) can cause a bit of fallout, yeah.

2Urbanbeauti

Most eye shadow that have glitter in them will give you fall out if not applied carefull a light powder under the eyes can help you dust it away after the finish look.
My favorites are the deluxe shades there beautiful and bright

I've never had trouble from UD eyeshadows apart from Midnight Cowboy. Anything else has always had fab colour & lasted all day as long as I remember to use the primer :)

ChosenOne

So I've been avoiding Sephora's website like the plague because I know they've had some UD e/s on sale for just $6 the past few weeks, and I have so much e/s already (not UD) that I'm convincing myself I don't need more. Well they're still not sold out of all the colors, and my willpower is failing me. I've never tried their e/s but I've heard such good things, I'm tempted to at this price! The colors still available are:

Cherry
Woodstock
Haight
Dashiki
Mary Jane
Kiddie Pool
Purple Haze
Strip
Oil Slick
Perversion

For those of you who are UD e/s experts, which color do you suggest I try? I'm leaning toward Cherry, but I can't seem to find anyone's thoughts about it. Opinions appreciated!! TIA

Kaidan

I haven't tried a lot of UD eyeshadows. I've heard that they can be a bit chalky and create a lot of fall-out. Is this true? What are some good colors with a good formula?
The ones that cause fall-out are usually the ones with glitter, sparkle, and micro glitter. The formula improved this year but there were several eyeshadows that got discontinued in the process, but new ones were added as well. The eyeshadows are buttery and are long lasting. You can use an eyeshadow primer, which gives better results for the eyshadows. I'd recommend you to try at least an eyshadow with shimmer and one that's matte. The only one that seemed like a dud for me was one called Jagged, which is from the Vice palette and another eyeshadow called Kiddie Pool.

I would recommend Evidence, Blackout, Perversion (this one got discontinued but it's still available online), Haight, Freelove, Stray Dog, and Mushroom.

Kaidan

So I've been avoiding Sephora's website like the plague because I know they've had some UD e/s on sale for just $6 the past few weeks, and I have so much e/s already (not UD) that I'm convincing myself I don't need more. Well they're still not sold out of all the colors, and my willpower is failing me. I've never tried their e/s but I've heard such good things, I'm tempted to at this price! The colors still available are:

Cherry
Woodstock
Haight
Dashiki
Mary Jane
Kiddie Pool
Purple Haze
Strip
Oil Slick
Perversion

For those of you who are UD e/s experts, which color do you suggest I try? I'm leaning toward Cherry, but I can't seem to find anyone's thoughts about it. Opinions appreciated!! TIA
You can get Woodstock, Oil Slick, and Haight in the new formula.

I remember Cherry being very light and for some it was a little bit chalky. I have Perversion (matte black) and Dashiki (shimmer) and both of them are really good despite me having them for almost two years. Other good ones were Strip and Mary Jane. I didn't like the color of Purple Haze and Kiddie Pool was bad imo.

ChosenOne

i love naked and tease in the new formula. they need to make more matte shadows!
Thank you both! This definitely helps me narrow things down
yes.gif

BuickMackane

does anyone know of a good dupe for Shakedown? it was the perfect cool brown and i can't even find it on ebay any more. booo!

TIA
flower.gif

Latest posts