UD Surreal Skin vs Bare Escentials vs MAC

emilyjoy

I need a new foundation and hopefully concealer too.
I'm looking at buying either:
Urban Decay's Surreal Skin Foundation
Bare Escentials Foundation Kit from Sephora
Or
MAC Studio Tech (which I've tried before)

Has anyone tried these? Esp the first two.
What did you think?

I'm an NW15 with oily skin btw.
greengrin.gif

Thanks x's 1,000 in advace.

tadzio79

I'm a BE user. I use the medium kit, and I've been happy with it. UD and BE both contain bismuth oxychloride, which may be irritants for some people, so I'd suggest going to Sephora and trying it out, ask for samples if you can, to make sure you don't get reactions to it (most complain of the itchiness).

I've heard good things about UD too. If you're going to do the mineral makeup route, you might want to check out different brands, such as EDM, etc. You can order samples online, and they're generous with sample sizes, and mostly you only pay for shipping. Once I run out of my BE I'm going to be exploring other brands too. HTH!

Dark_Phoenix

If you're skin's oily I'd go with BE. Liquid foundation doesn't last as long on oily skin as powder foundation does. BE is pretty gentle to skin and really easy to take off at night.

My skin's dry/sensitive so I don't use BE that much. I think it looks kinda chalky on me. My roommate (with oily/combo skin) is a total fanatic about it; it's the only make-up she buys and it does give the airbrush effect (after 1-2 hours of contouring -.-).

I think that the only other drawback is once you buy one product you get sucked into buying other BE stuff. Like warmth, mineral veil, bisque, multi-tasking minerals, etc..

melissabkim

I'd think BE would be the worst if you have oily skin. I was using medium beige for about a month or so, and this mineral makeup made my skin even more oily and the mica in the formulation that create's the "shimmer" made me look like a super shiny disco ball, itch like crazy (bismuth) and I'm quite sure it was the culprit that made me breakout. I'd look into dffierent brands (EDM, Aubrey Nicole, Jane Iredale, etc.) or maybe give BE a try if you'd like -- everyone's skin is different.

emilyjoy

^
omg. Crazy! I'm using one bare escentials product right now, but its that stuff that gives you the 'glow'. And I put on foundation and concealer beforehand.
What kind of foundation do you find works best for your skin?

melissabkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyjoy
^
omg. Crazy! I'm using one bare escentials product right now, but its that stuff that gives you the 'glow'. And I put on foundation and concealer beforehand.
What kind of foundation do you find works best for your skin?

I've been using the Becca stick foundation and I really like the coverage and range of colors (I have yellow undertones). It is a BIT hydrating because it has avocado oil and other things in it, but I'm fine as long as I don't use a moisturizer. I've found that Prescriptives is also a really nice makeup, esp with powders/foundations.
smiles.gif

xsnowwhite

I have oily skin and Im baout the same shade makeup you are, well NW20, anyways I just bought BE today and i LOVE it! My skin isnt oily at all and for once it looks really good! I have alot of acne on my chin and you dont even notice now! it was a good investment. The only thing i was dissapointed about is that my shade is fair, and they dont make a fair kit, so i had to get everything seperate.