UDPP help...

sandyisntcool

okay, i'm so used to CCBs, shadesticks, etc. but yesterday i bought my first UDPP. [ i have a hard candy/urban decay store 15 min. away from me ]

for some reason when i use it as a base, it clumps my eyeshadow all in one spot and it won't spead out evenly.

i made sure it was dry before i put it on.

should i wait longer? i have no idea.

any sort of help would be appreciated. for now i'm using my ss until i can figure this thing out. :/

pumpkincat210

This is the reason why i prefer paints.. blending is easy!
This was my complaint with the UDPP, it makes the eyeshadows so vivid, but you can't blend once its on.

michy_mimi

How are you putting it on? Do you just use the applicator? I usually put some on with the applicator and then spread it out with my finger. I have never had any issues with it, but on the other hand my shadesticks get clumpy....

sandyisntcool

Quote:
Originally Posted by michy_mimi
How are you putting it on? Do you just use the applicator? I usually put some on with the applicator and then spread it out with my finger. I have never had any issues with it, but on the other hand my shadesticks get clumpy....

yeah i use the applicator and i tried my finger as well... it still stuck to the eyeshadow to the point where i can't blend it with anything.

as for the shadesticks, if they get clumpy.. use your finger to smooth it out. :]

michy_mimi

lol sounds like it's a case of different strokes for different folks!
smiles.gif
It's a good thing there are alot of primer choices out there!
smiles.gif

mandirigma

this is gonna sound like overkill, but try putting the CCB on sheerly over the primer potion.

IMO, primer potion is good for hanging onto the shadow if your lids are oily and prone to creasing (even when you use paint or a ccb). if you weren't really having problems with creasing when using the CCB or shadestick alone, then i think you won't find the primer potion too useful or you won't see much of a difference. but try using it under your shadestick or CCB and you might find that it looks fresh for longer?

depecher

I use the UDPP. I find that I have to use a teeny tiny amount on my lids. I use the applicator and then spread it on my eye with my finger. I then use a shadestick. When I just use the UDPP, I find that the shadow isn't as vibrant as it should be. Just be sure to use a tiny amount though.

BlahWah

I second depecher. I don't even use up all the applicator brings out for BOTH lids. I haven't had any blending problems when I started using less.

I love and have only used UD PP, tho I just got my first paint (Baselight) and haven't tried any ccb's. My lids are a tad on the oily side so UD PP saved my e/s and I love it. HTH and hope it ends up working for you!

bellaetoile

personally, i love UDPP, although i know some people who hate it, so it really is just a case of personal preference, i guess.

i use a LITTLE, like the above poster said, i don't even use the amount the applicator brings up for BOTH lids. dot a tiny amount in the center of your lid with the applicator, then blend it with a fingertip until you can't see it, try to make sure its as smooth and even as possible. wait a couple minutes. i always use my UDPP with a shadestick, or on very rare occasions, a paint. thin, even layer of either the shadestick or paint, in the colors that i'm using, then go over it with eyeshadow. no creasing, and my makeup stays forEVER.