Udpp Help!!!!!

BeautyizPain

hi all...well i am sooo frustrated and i need your help...i have tried just about every eyeshadow primer out there...shadow insurance,mac paint pots,udpp, udpp & paint pot, etc. and nothing seems to work with me...i tried applying too much too little in between and my shadow will last 2 hours at best and it just disappears and creases immediately into the crease...just disgusting and frustrating because i use MAC shadows and i even hear of people using drugstore shadows and they us udpp and its all good for them....all suggestions would be appreciated..because i would love to wear eyeshadow for at least a workday or even half a workday and not have to worry about my eyeshadow looking horrible..PLEASE HELP
th_dunno.gif

Jackie O

Girl I can hear the frustration in your voice! lol the fact that your shadows are creasing makes me think to ask; do you have somewhat oily eyelids? if you do, what I like to do before I put on my makeup (starting with a clean face) I take a cotton swab and dip it into a little bit of milk of magnesia, then I dab that on my eyelids and all over the oily parts of my face (like my T-zone). I let it dry and then it turns ashy white and to get rid of that I dab my fingers in water and just lightly tap the water over it and the white disappears. After that I do my makeup like normal and it keeps my face shine free ALL DAY, no lie it works so awesome. At first I used to only use it along my nose and forhead but then I started using a little bit all over my eyelids too and I noticed it helped my eyeshadows last longer because it was keeping them from being oily. And a bottle of milk of magnesia will cost you like 3 dollars, so it's worth a shot right!!

p.s. have you tried using a cream concealer as a base? (for example MAC's Studio Finish concealer, which is cream, as oppose to using the Select Cover-up which is a liquid concealer) Works great too!

MK09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautyizPain
hi all...well i am sooo frustrated and i need your help...i have tried just about every eyeshadow primer out there...shadow insurance,mac paint pots,udpp, udpp & paint pot, etc. and nothing seems to work with me...i tried applying too much too little in between and my shadow will last 2 hours at best and it just disappears and creases immediately into the crease...just disgusting and frustrating because i use MAC shadows and i even hear of people using drugstore shadows and they us udpp and its all good for them....all suggestions would be appreciated..because i would love to wear eyeshadow for at least a workday or even half a workday and not have to worry about my eyeshadow looking horrible..PLEASE HELP
th_dunno.gif

Hi.I was wondering do you use a eye cream before you do your eyes in the morning? I'm asking because sometimes certain eye creams,gels lotions etc Sometimes they just dont mix well with eyeshadow bases/primers.They can break down the primer or the primer can break down the eye cream.

If thats not the case though i have an idea.Awhile back a friend of mine had a similar issue as yours.Her e/s just always creased on her even with primers.So we tried different things and what we found to work was Too Faced Shadow Insurance because i think its less oily then udpp.And after applying the Shadow Insurance then very lightly dusting the eyelid with a translucent powder and then applying her eyeshadow.And it works great for her its still her routine,she hasnt changed it at all lol ,so maybe it might be worth giving this a try on yourself.Good luck!

MUALindsay

It seems like a fairly dumb question, but have you tried layering them?

I ALWAYS have to put down UDPP or TFSI, let dry and then another layer of them (always thin) or use a Paint Pot, or Shadestick. And NEVER put foundation/concealer on your eye lids... that just makes it worse.

xxManBeaterxx

^I agree with layering the products. I used to apply Shadow insurance, then a paint pot/paint/shadestick, then i dusted my lids with a translucent powder for even more staying power, and only then could i apply my eyeshadow. Be sure to blend out the products evenly so you have a smooth surface to work with.

I hear the milk of magnesia tip that was suggested earlier works well too, but i personally haven't tried it myself. Do you live in a humid area? if you do, i wouldn't be surprised if your foundation vanishes and your lids crease within a few hours, humidity is a killer.

Jackie O

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx

I hear the milk of magnesia tip that was suggested earlier works well too, but i personally haven't tried it myself. Do you live in a humid area? if you do, i wouldn't be surprised if your foundation vanishes and your lids crease within a few hours, humidity is a killer.

@manbeater: if you live in Hawaii too you KNOW how humid it is out here lol and yes it works all day for me and I can get pretty oily. it's hands down the best thing that I've used by far. all of my friends use it too and love it. It's crazy little things you can do with regular household products and stuff.

side note: the last two posts were correct. I think it's important to understand the difference between a primer and a base. a primer goes on first; it prevents creasing of your shadows and is designed to help it last longer, and these would be products such as your UDPP, concealer, or shadow insurance. now a base, such as the MAC paintpots, or NYX jumbo pencils. a base goes on TOP of the primer and is designed to bring out the true value of the color, help them pop more and make sure they hold all day. so can you use both of them, absolutely. the fact that you're using just a base and no primer might be the reason why you're having so much trouble with your shadows. sometimes I see people using primer alone but personally I get the best color payoff and my makeup lasts WAY longer when I use both. hope this helps you hun!

as far as paint pots go, a little bit goes a LONG way, the more you use the more it will crease. use a very light layer...

HeatherNicole

random question to go along with this....
Why shouldn't you put the foundation on eyelids?
I used udpp and have noticed the past few days the staying power isn't what I thought it was. The past few mornings I've don't foundation on my face, and swept a small amount across my lids and the my udpp over top, then eye shadow.
I did my makeup at 8am this morning, and my eyes are still fresh.
Yesterday, I was on a farm (photoshoot) did my makeup at 6, and it lasted untill I took it off, which was at 8pm. So is it hazardous or???
I use Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation.

Jackie O

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherNicole
random question to go along with this....
Why shouldn't you put the foundation on eyelids?
I used udpp and have noticed the past few days the staying power isn't what I thought it was. The past few mornings I've don't foundation on my face, and swept a small amount across my lids and the my udpp over top, then eye shadow.
I did my makeup at 8am this morning, and my eyes are still fresh.
Yesterday, I was on a farm (photoshoot) did my makeup at 6, and it lasted untill I took it off, which was at 8pm. So is it hazardous or???
I use Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation.

I don't believe it's harmful but I think what she meant was foundation tends to make it crease more. but if whatever you're doing works for you, you should be just fine
smiles.gif
I also use the same foundation and when I do my makeup I lightly sweep a little bit over my eyelids, and it doesn't affect my shadows

xxManBeaterxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie O
@manbeater: if you live in Hawaii too you KNOW how humid it is out here lol and yes it works all day for me and I can get pretty oily. it's hands down the best thing that I've used by far. all of my friends use it too and love it. It's crazy little things you can do with regular household products and stuff.

I feel for you with the humidity thing, i live on oahu. At first i thought it was just me, but when i moved to ny for college i realized my makeup was vanishing because of the weather. If you live in oahu, where do you buy milk of magnesia, at longs?

macgirl3121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie O
Girl I can hear the frustration in your voice! lol the fact that your shadows are creasing makes me think to ask; do you have somewhat oily eyelids? if you do, what I like to do before I put on my makeup (starting with a clean face) I take a cotton swab and dip it into a little bit of milk of magnesia, then I dab that on my eyelids and all over the oily parts of my face (like my T-zone). I let it dry and then it turns ashy white and to get rid of that I dab my fingers in water and just lightly tap the water over it and the white disappears. After that I do my makeup like normal and it keeps my face shine free ALL DAY, no lie it works so awesome. At first I used to only use it along my nose and forhead but then I started using a little bit all over my eyelids too and I noticed it helped my eyeshadows last longer because it was keeping them from being oily. And a bottle of milk of magnesia will cost you like 3 dollars, so it's worth a shot right!!

p.s. have you tried using a cream concealer as a base? (for example MAC's Studio Finish concealer, which is cream, as oppose to using the Select Cover-up which is a liquid concealer) Works great too!

Jackie, do you use a moisturizer and/or sunscreen before the MoM? I have to wear sunscreen due to soem of the treatment products I use on my skin.

Jackie O

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
I feel for you with the humidity thing, i live on oahu. At first i thought it was just me, but when i moved to ny for college i realized my makeup was vanishing because of the weather. If you live in oahu, where do you buy milk of magnesia, at longs?

Why hello there neighbor hehe yes I live on Oahu. Milk of Magnesia can be purchased everywhere! I bought mine from the Schofield commissary. It would be like in the Pepto Bismol isle. Milk of Magnesia is used for constipation I believe lol so definitely the medicine area. You should stop by Pearlridge sometime and visit me, I just got hired to work at the MAC store there
greengrin.gif

Jackie O

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgirl3121
Jackie, do you use a moisturizer and/or sunscreen before the MoM? I have to wear sunscreen due to soem of the treatment products I use on my skin.

No I do not, you don't want to mix the MOM with any type of moisterizers or suncreens or else it won't work. Honestly though, if I am outside in the sun for a long period of time fortunately the foundation I use has SPF 15 so I find that foundation alone is sufficient protection for me. And how I know this because over the years my face has even kind of lightened up a bit from wearing makeup everyday, like it protects my skin in a way I guess.

Jackie O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
Many thanks for such helpful advice. I've always had to double up with TFSI and then use a paint pot or my NYX pencils and I thought I was abnormal. My lids are oily, crease easy and just a disaster without using the primer and the base to get more color. Thank you for the milk of magnesia and q tip idea because I wasn't sure how to work it all the way and you've got a lot of knowledge to share madamoiselle. I was kind of like that can't be the same mom, there's no way but thanks for letting me know that's the one. Congrats on your MAC job and hope you stay sharing your info. xD

thank you so much, I really do appreciate it. trust me when I find out about the MOM trick, I mean I just had to have it right then and there, I was so excited to finally find a solution to my oily skin. My makeup lasts for hours on end, I don't even use blot papers anymore. I'm really glad I can help you guys because that's how I learned all the things I know about makeup, one person shares a tip and that person tells another and another. That's what we're all here for!

Latest posts