Ugh...frustrating

xlakatex

So, I decided to complain to you guys lol. Have you ever applied to one of those like rating makeup communities? Cuz I have been a huge lurker on one of them and I finally decided to apply and some of the girls are just plain rude! lol..anyways my family doesn't understand how much it sucks to have that happen when it's something you invest so much time and money into and I knew you guys would understand. Anyways...just thought i'd let out my frustrations hahaa.

Shimmer

You post your picture/makeup and the other members rate it.
Yay for anonymity on the internet allowing people to be faceless nameless bullies.

Willa

It's popular on Livejournal
I've been there before I knew Specktra, the girls can be soooooooo mean!!! And let me tell you, they don't all have a great talent, sometimes they make-up like clowns...
th_confused_new.gif

It's like they have this fanbase of people, if they say it's ugly and messy, IT IS (yeah right...), and after that, their fans come and says the same.

Don't take it personal xlakatex, but I find them pathetic.

Willa

Some comments like :

nothing too special and the application looks pretty half-assed (including crappy pictures)

horrrrrrible shape

Nope.. it's all a bit sloppy. Sorry.

atrocious.
no.

CantAffordMAC

Yeah...I wouldn't even continue to be a part of something like that. You are putting yourself out there for criticism but that doesn't give them a right to be so mean. I won't lie--I see some peoples FOTD's or whatever and I think "wow, they aren't wearing any makeup" or "that shadow could be blended a bit better" but I would never say that to them. Because negative comments are unnecessary and unappreciated.

Some of us may still be learning with makeup. I know I am.

ginger9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
You post your picture/makeup and the other members rate it.
Yay for anonymity on the internet allowing people to be faceless nameless bullies.

This makes me kind of sad. Why can't we all just get along as human beings? I know I sound a bit melodramatic but recently in Toronto we've had a big headline involving a 16 year old teenage girl stabbed to death by two other teens. It's been said the motive for killing was linked to Facebook bullying although the police have not confirmed anything.

I always go by the motto treat others as you'd want to be treated and that includes internet.

KitCat007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger9
This makes me kind of sad. Why can't we all just get along as human beings? I know I sound a bit melodramatic but recently in Toronto we've had a big headline involving a 16 year old teenage girl stabbed to death by two other teens. It's been said the motive for killing was linked to Facebook bullying although the police have not confirmed anything.

I always go by the motto treat others as you'd want to be treated and that includes internet.

Because some people are just miserable human beings and it makes them feel better when they are mean and nasty to other people. Seriously, for some people it makes their day if they can make people feel bad, they find it funny. I agree, it is sad and pathetic.

MsCuppyCakes

This is one of the reasons I came and continue to enjoy specktra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Yeah...I wouldn't even continue to be a part of something like that. You are putting yourself out there for criticism but that doesn't give them a right to be so mean. I won't lie--I see some peoples FOTD's or whatever and I think "wow, they aren't wearing any makeup" or "that shadow could be blended a bit better" but I would never say that to them. Because negative comments are unnecessary and unappreciated.

Some of us may still be learning with makeup. I know I am.

NubianHoneii

Its like none of these "cyber bitches" on the web know what constructive criticism is.

If I see something that someone can improve on, first I'll note to them what i like about it (ie, pretty color choices, wonderful brow shape), then I'll say what I think could improve the look (better blending, a more cat like shape, a darker/lighter hand with the foundation). NEVER am I mean. If the person retorts back to me in a mean way then I check myself to see if I was polite and my post was clear. If so (and I strive for politeness always) then I just write it off as a mean person and keep on going my merry way.

*KT*

Constructive criticism is one thing... but screw the flat out negativity! That's what I love about Specktra, there's a lot more respect going around. I'd much rather see people building each other up than tearing each other down.

xlakatex

Thanks for the postive feedback guys! One of the comment examples Willa gave is exactly one of the comments i received lol. I have noticed Spektra is really good about making sure critizism is constructive and not hurtful, and that's what people really need in order to improve and not feel bad about themselves. Thanks again.