Ugh...more killlings in my neighborhood.

MisStarrlight

So I turned on the news this morning & there was yet ANOTHER shooting in my neighborhood...it was the owner of a deli I've never been to, but then the killers went to a deli that I go to ALL THE TIME!

Lately every time I've heard of a murder in this frikin city (in any borough) it's been in my neighborhood. I can't find recent crime stats right now (without taking some time & going through recent news articles & I have to be to work soon), but for real...it's getting ridiculous.

I swear I was safer in the frikin projects in Alphabet City!

And now that I'm starting to research it, I'm finding that there is a frikin mob family known as "the Ozone Park Boys" The head dude is in jail, but mobsters?? Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!?! Apparently we are widely known for our mobsters...and not just this one family (apparently the Gotti's have some ties to OP too, but I went to college w/ one of those Growing up Gotti kids so that's no biggie). But for real, WTF?

My bf just got a promotion (and moved to a new location) & I hate my current apartment anyway....I think it's time to start looking for a new one.

Beauty Mark

I was going to say, it sounds like it might be more targeted crimes if your neighborhood keeps getting hit. I'm sorry to hear about this; I think there's been an increase in crime in many neighborhoods for some reason

jdepp_84

Im sorry you have to live in this kind of environmnet. I live in a gang infested neighborhood, but its not that bad, yet. A neighbor of mine is a member of the 18th street gang...so enough said I guess. It used to be super bad before, however. Anyone, children, women, anyone that was caught walking on my street at a specific time was shot and killed. But now, its a bit safer, because they just target other gang members, but I get this feeling that it won't be long until it returnst to the same way
ssad.gif

Dizzy

I don't know which borough you're in, but I know that in the city and parts of Queens the NYPD is cracking down on gang activity. They've upped their presence in some neighborhoods, I know they were all over the place when I was in Astoria last weekend.

It's probably one of the usual "look we've brought crime stats down in these neighborhoods!" and yet they've just shoved the crime into other neighborhoods that aren't as heavily patrolled- as they've been doing for years. It sucks, but it's what they've always done (it's part of the reason my family left the Bronx a couple years ago).

*Luna*

Awww sweets I'm sorry! Thats always scary. A few months back we had the Baseline Killer who was stalking/raping/murdering women all over the area and I was terrified. I feel for you!!! Good luck with your hunt =)

CaraAmericana

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdepp_84
Anyone, children, women, anyone that was caught walking on my street at a specific time was shot and killed.

WTF!?

Of course where I live it has it share of crime but, and I know this is kinda get off the serious topic but since we are talking about neighborhoods, what drives me nuts is people drive soooo stupid and drive all crazy and reckless and people in my neighboorhood seem to be getting dirtier. Like not mowing your lawn and not picking up garbage and ugggh just not caring! <----run on sentence

redambition

you poor girl
ssad.gif
it's always scary hearing about crime close to your home.

be aware, be careful when walking around and look out for yourself.

hope everything stays ok for you!

MisStarrlight

Well thankfully the news has made no mention of anything being mob/gang related so it's just a whole lotta people being assholes.

And lipstickandhate, without getting too specific....I live near JFK Airport.

Oh yeah, speaking of JFK-there was a confirmed terrorist plot to blow up the fuel lines in the airport...yeah, that explosion probably would have killed me (literally).

lipstickandhate

Just curious- hopefully, you don't live in Jamaica- thats a pretty rough area. Hopefully the crime wave decreases when summer ends- for whatever reason, summer is the season people always go batshit crazy in the city.

MisStarrlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstickandhate
Just curious- hopefully, you don't live in Jamaica- thats a pretty rough area. Hopefully the crime wave decreases when summer ends- for whatever reason, summer is the season people always go batshit crazy in the city.

I don't technically live in Jamaica, but I think that I live close enough (one town away from South Jamaica) to there so that all the Jamaica rejects come into my neighborhood & cause trouble & crap.

Latest posts