UK CCOs?

Sarah

Just wondering if anyones been too the Bicester villiage in Oxford *at least i'm sure thats where it is* anyway they have a CCO there and I wondered if anybody knew if it stocked MAC products? and if so is it worth a visit?

poddygirl

Bicester Village is in Bicester, about 12 miles N of Oxford. I went there several years ago but didn't think it was anything special (certainly not the deep discounts I am used to at US outlets anyway). The CCO there is rather small and I don't recall seeing much if any MAC, but it probably all depends on when you go. Perhaps you can phone them? Not sure where you are located but Bicester is a bit "out back and beyond" if you don't end up getting anything
ssad.gif

Turbokittykat

They do have MAC, as well as Bobbi Brown, Stila, Prescriptives, Clinique etc but they very rarely have anything good. Very occasionally they will have a gem, but usually there's not much there. They get deliveries every week and it's all pretty random. I live an hour away and I go there relatively often, but it's usually a waste of time. I wouldn't go much if I lived further away.

Sarah

Thanks for the replies
smiles.gif

So you's would all say its not really worth the drive from London??

poddygirl

You got it
lol.gif
Unless you make a day of it and stop in Oxford etc ... don't go just for Bicester Village/CCO ...

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah
Thanks for the replies
smiles.gif

So you's would all say its not really worth the drive from London??

Bicester Village has a lot to offer but don't go just in the hope that you'll find some M·A·C because you'll probably be disappointed. I've been to the cosmetics company store and although they had some M·A·C it was a very limited range and nothing I wanted. As poddygirl said though, a trip to Oxford is worthwhile.

Wannabe Junkie

I was just going to post to ask about the store at Bicester. That's a shame that it isn't great.

I go to Bicester quite often as it's only 10 mins from my in laws but have to say I've never seen the CCO
blush-anim-cl.gif
. I'll look out for it next time I'm there though.

Lissa

I was there a couple of weeks ago, it's about 20 mins from me. From what I remember they had:

Liquidlast liners for £9.25:
Aqualine
Auto Orange
...the purple one...
Inkspill
Inky
and a few others, sorry I can't remember which...

Eyeshadows, around £6-7:
Zeal
Print
and around 6 others from what I remember - nothing fantastic though

A couple of pigments - I think they had Jewelmarine glitter also.

Lots of skincare packs.

LOTS of brush sets.

A few palettes, including the cool and warm eye sets

And a fair few lipliners including cremesticks, and lipsticks and glosses. There was nothing there that really stood out for me though, and I was in a bit of a hurry so unfortunately I can't remember most of the names and prices etc.

There were a few foundations in darker shades, a couple of mascaras, but no blushes from what I remember.

They sell a few other nice brands though, I was really pleased they have Bobbi Brown at long last as you can't get that anywhere else around here. They had the pink shimmerbrick for £19, and the bronze shimmerbrick and lip set for about £26.

They also sell Prescriptives, Origins...ehh, Estee Lauder, Clinique etc. It's worth a browse if you're not looking for anything in particular and want to spend the day there, they're expanding the Village at the moment and there are some nice shops (Karen Millen, Monsoon, Coast, Jigsaw, French Connection, Miss Sixty and lots more). But if you are coming just for the CCO and have a long way to drive I would say not to bother as the Mac stuff is quite random but nothing special.

If I go there again anytime soon I will take more notice of names and prices and update here
smiles.gif

as_cute_as_pie

just thought id add to this thread..
theres also once at ellesmere port near liverpool
smiles.gif

they also had 2 of the msfs from flastronic in a week before it was officially realsed aswell as loads of brush sets and boxes off christmas and the norm such as foundation a few pigements and fluidlines
smiles.gif

MisaMayah

I've done the trip to Bicester from London, it takes about 1hr 45mins. I got a few natural msfs and the golden bronze fx foundations, I was disappointed.
I remember a lot of skincare being there.

But if you like Bobbi brown and clinique too I guess it makes the trip more worthwhile. I was disappointed with the whole outlet to be honest,lol. Saw nothing at all that was nice, but I was quite happy with the prices i paid for the Mac stuff.

Mandypaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by as_cute_as_pie
just thought id add to this thread..
theres also once at ellesmere port near liverpool
smiles.gif

they also had 2 of the msfs from flastronic in a week before it was officially realsed aswell as loads of brush sets and boxes off christmas and the norm such as foundation a few pigements and fluidlines
smiles.gif

Were about in ellesmere port is that? is it near the main shopping complex?