UK- cheaper MAC from Monday!

shorty

just thought id let you all now that the lower tax rate is hitting us on monday so your eyesahdows will now be 9.75 ish instead of a tenner!! praise the credit crunch!!
im dreading people asking me prices from now on!!

melliquor

Yay...
choochoo.gif
yahoo.gif

DirtyPlum

omgosh, I totally forget it would affect us. I struggle with some prices already. bargains or what! but then i think MAC is reasonably priced for what it is anyway.

shorty

haha its nuts we've got a 10% off this weekend already! Im not gonna memorise them im just gonna say 'its 14 and then your 2.5% knocked off on top of that!'

its good though i hope that marc jacobs handbags go down hahahahaha

makeupmadb

Yay!!
smiles.gif

Although wasn't there speculation they're raising it back up by 5% next year? That would be awful
ssad.gif
Hopefully it was just a rumour.

as_cute_as_pie

lol im all for cheaper mac but this tax cut is just beyond ridiculous lol
yeah i think its goin up to something daft like 20% in 2010 which is extorsionate :O
NO more tax CHEAPER mac yey

LMD84

the prices might stay teh same though. just because we are paying less tax doesn't mean that mac doesn't want that extra 2.5% as more profit - and that way they don't hve to faff around with changing the prices.

don't mean to be negative but that's what my company has done!

as_cute_as_pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by florabundance
I'm so happy to hear that! How long is this VAT thing gonna last, or is it permanent?

i think its like a year but you never know lol as i said in my previous post it goes up to like 20% in a few years so technically you're not really saving its all a bit con
shockt.gif

Korms

Everything is in stock again at the new prices! Eyeshadows are now £9.79 but I can't remember the prices of everything else to know if they have deducted the 2.5% from all items.

Mac_Wendy

i think everything has been discounted with the new tax, as ive got loads saved to buy later and they are all weird prices like, £11.36 etc, so looks like everything has been xx

Luceuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
Oh hqhair hasn't lowered their prices yet.
ssad.gif

They might not be, I don't think it's compulsory for companies to lower prices.

abbey_08

nah some companys arent lowering the price! although to be fair its only gonna be about 30p so realistically its not that much, i guess every penny counts though lol. most companies just take it off at the till so you wont have to worry about remembering strange prices haha

Latest posts