Ulta e/s

hawaii02

I just recently bought my first few Ulta eyeshadows (Truffle, Silk, Sapphire, and Summer). Do you have favorite colors out of Ulta's eyeshadow collection??

BeccalovesMAC

I only have two so far. Sin City (black) and Verdigris (humid dup). I really like the black. I think its better then carbon. Its kinda like black tied with out the sparkles. Its more of a darker black then carbon . I was impressed with their eyeshadows

hawaii02

Ulta is still doing the Buy 1 Get 1 free online. Their shadows are $7. Thanks for the heads up Becca on the Sin City. We're supposed to be getting a neighborhood store soon so I can really go in swatch new prospects
smiles.gif

sandrrra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccalovesMAC
I know how that is Tracy. Their shadows are like $10.00 rite? Im always skeptical when trying out new brands

They are 6.50 at the store i work at and ususaly B1G1!!

My favorite shadow of all time is actually an Ulta one called "Sandstone" I reccomend this to everyone. It's a really pretty plum-purple-taupe, looks a lot better on the lid than in it's pot. It's an amazing quick wash of color for me on lazy days!!

reesesilverstar

I got Luna(weird greenish blue color - looks cool tho) and Galaxy(black w/ irridescent sparkles) in a BOGO for $6.50. I really do like them too. I was expecting them to be chalky, unpigmented and hard to blend, I was shocked, they work and do stay put. I'm thinking of getting some more.

I wish they had the finish and shade descriptions online tho. MAC kinda spoiled me with that.

L1LMAMAJ

I have one that looks kind of like UD's Underground e/s. I don't remember the name of it. I like it but that's the only one I have from Ulta!

Face2Mac

I love ULTA e/s. My favorite is Amethyst. If I am up to it, I will post my palette. I maybe have about 12-14 of them. The finishes are mostly frosty or like Veluxe Pearls. I have two that are chalky but they have glitter so I think they were going for the glitter and couldn't make it work. They have some MAC dupes in their collection, too.

Kragey

I got a bunch of their eyeshadows in a holiday kit that my sister got me for Christmas. Some of them are really great and highly pigmented, like Deep Sea, Galaxy, Aztec Gold, Eggplant, and Meadow, but some of them don't even show up. Colors like Key Lime and Lilac Mist are two of the "not even showing up" ones.

FiestyFemme

I really like the ones I have - Sandstone, Twilight, Molten, and Flirty. They're good for the price, but definitely not on par with high-end brand e/s.

hawaii02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kragey
I got a bunch of their eyeshadows in a holiday kit that my sister got me for Christmas. Some of them are really great and highly pigmented, like Deep Sea, Galaxy, Aztec Gold, Eggplant, and Meadow, but some of them don't even show up. Colors like Key Lime and Lilac Mist are two of the "not even showing up" ones.

i bought key lime not too long after posting this thread..ITA about it not showing up as much

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaii02
i bought key lime not too long after posting this thread..ITA about it not showing up as much

Good to know I'm not just going nuts, LOL!

For the record, I recently removed all of the little square shadows from their plastic holders in the kit, and Ulta shadows are REALLY soft. Two of mine shattered beyond repair just from the pan being bent a little, five others broke just when I set the palette I'd put them in down! So, most of the colors may be okay if you're really gentle with them and keep them in the compact, but keep in mind that they are really soft and prone to chipping.

jenizzle

I have Sterling (silvery grey) and Galaxy (sparkly black) and I was very surprised by them they're quite good! I find them great, but I do remember not being as impressed by some of their other shades!