Ulta sometimes I do wonder about you...

LatteQueen

I went out today and bought this item called Liquid Keratin..Well I questioned an employee there about the product..

Get this:
1. The girl who was helping me said she didn't know anything of the product but she was informing me with so much information surrounding it I was highly impressed with her
thmbup.gif
(I even told her so)

2. The hairstylist there was asked of the product and shook her head she didn't know anything about the item itself
thmbdn.gif

3. The girl who didn't know anything helped me extensively, knew more and guided me to the right products like shampoo and conditioner to use...

So Ulta if you sell products or decide to sell products shouldn't the staff know of the product and how it should be used? Was highly disappointed in the hairstylist not knowing of this LIquid Keratin for hair and this other girl was telling me how this procedure was done and the price...KUDO'S OUT TO HER...

deven.marie

I worked at Ulta for almost 3 years, they only train sales associates on certain products, mostly makeup. For everything else you are completely on your own. It's kinda ridiculous.. I never got training for ANY haircare product or system, I had to either google it or buy it and try it myself in order to know anything about it.

kaliraksha

I find that to be the truth at a lot of stores.... companies want a bigger profit and employees truly don't get paid enough to be expected to know about their products. I guess a lot of corporations skimp on the training. Once in a while, you get someone who is truly interested in the subject they work in and can share their personal experiences with you. I especially see this at electronic and phone stores... you kind of expect them to know everything and some times I've been given clearly wrong information. I've learned to appreciate the honesty of someone telling me they don't know about the product versus making some crap up. Given that I don't buy too much anymore, I really try to do my research at home with trusted resources. When I worked for Sony... we weren't given any product training at all... I learned it on my own because I wanted to make my job easier.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaliraksha
I find that to be the truth at a lot of stores.... companies want a bigger profit and employees truly don't get paid enough to be expected to know about their products. I guess a lot of corporations skimp on the training. Once in a while, you get someone who is truly interested in the subject they work in and can share their personal experiences with you. I especially see this at electronic and phone stores... you kind of expect them to know everything and some times I've been given clearly wrong information. I've learned to appreciate the honesty of someone telling me they don't know about the product versus making some crap up. Given that I don't buy too much anymore, I really try to do my research at home with trusted resources. When I worked for Sony... we weren't given any product training at all... I learned it on my own because I wanted to make my job easier.

snap! i'm manager fo a sony store, and although i had some training on how to complete paperwork and such i was told nothing about the products or anything like that. i literally used to study every night for about a month until i knew everything about the products and what cables you need with them.

Goat Goat Etc.

Lack of knowledge has turned me off at Sephora as well.

BUT something tells me Sephora would inform you if the rep from a company wasn't going to show that day so you wouldn't have to drive 30+ miles that day.

When Ulta first came to my city they were precisely that, 30 + miles away from me. A rep from Too Faced Cosmetics was gonna be in town and you got free goodies and such so I made an appointment and kept it. Trouble was this rep didn't show and no one at Ulta informed me. And when I told the manager about my free products I was supposed to get, she indignantly handed them to me and didn't apologize.

Edit: At times Ulta's fucked up in customer service. And price.