Ultracheek Glimmershimmers?

mandirigma

Does anybody have (or did anybody get to see) the new glimmershimmers yet?

They didn't have the Ultracheek stuff at the preview party I went to. I got both blushcremes and I love Sweet William, but I haven't yet touched Blossoming cause I can't tell if it's identical to Lilicent. I might exchange it for a glimmershimmer or I might just get one on top of keeping Blossoming, but I haven't heard much about them yet. (My mom has one from WTL, but she says it's only for evening use for her.)

So... yay or nay on the new glimmershimmers?

lah_knee

the glimmer shimmers arent AS pigmented as the blush creams but they are more pigmented than they were before thats for sure. the brightest most colorful one though is shock n shine
smiles.gif

mandirigma

cool, thanks for the tip lah_knee! i had my eye on that one and orange twink.

and not to be an annoying bother but just out of curiosity, how well would a color like sweet & shy show up on NC40 skin? just trying to get a feel for how sheer these things are.

thanks!!

mrstucker

Nay -

I say nay to glimmershimmers....only because the price is ridiculous (or maybe it's just the package size that's way too miniscule). Last time I ordered the, my jaw dropped when I opened my package..I was like, 'is this the sample size? Where's the rest of it!'.

Too bad though, 'cause they do highlight nicely, but then again MSFs do a better job, IMHO.

turtle_pixie_

i might get 2, because i like the sheen they give, and i prefer liquid products for during the day. dunno what colours ill get, or if ill get any. i might get some perm eyeshadows instead, let's see!

bellaetoile

i loved all of them except the pale pink one. it just seemed too light. unfortunately the macy*s counter i went to didn't have them in stock yet, they just got the testers, which i thought was wierd. i guess i'll go back and get them later?

LadyLaundale

I really like Ettiquette. I used as a highlighter on my cheekbones. Yes, the purchase price is large, but you only need one pump for both cheeks. I can't wait to checkout the new ones. My poor bank account......

mandirigma

oh, update: i checked them out yesterday and couldn't resist getting orange twink. i was eyeballing shock n shine too, but the color was kind of intimidating, but i might just wait it out for a little bit. the palest pink one looked just like benefit's high beam which was kind of useless to me =/

mandirigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
Shock and Shine stained my hand when i put it on. Its still a little pink.

yikes! =/ good to know!

AlliSwan

Orange Twink was really enticing to me, but I don't see myself using it...Sweet& Shy was sooo pretty when I first dabbed it on my brow bone, but after like ten minutes I couldn't even see it. I even re applied it with a heavier hand, and it still disappeared on me. Shock& Shine was AWESOME, but yeah, stained my hand and I'm way too fair to be playing around with that color. I think the pumps put out too much product, no matter how lightly I push, and I felt like I was making a mess of the testers. Brickster was way not my color, and the other purpley one I might take a second look at but I'm pretty positive it's too dark. I was too excited about CB to look closely at UC's blushes. And for some reason I feel scared of the cream blushes, maybe bc I use mineral foundation?

lola336

i went yesterday to check out the new stuff....and i like these glimmershimmers more than the first ones that came out. much more pigmented and more variety. I bought shock n shine.....im debating getting the orange one too since they're so small for the price...but im an nc35 so it gave me a nice glow....i would definitely say it would look nice on you.... and yea the lighter colors might not be worth it.

bellaetoile

update: i bought 3 of them, shock and shine, nothing sweeter, and brickster, and i really like them. the only one i've tried on my face is nothing sweeter, and i applied it by putting a small drop on a plastic artist palette, then lightly applying it with my 187 brush. it came out gorgeously sheer and shimmer. so if you use your 187 brush fro liquid products, or you have one JUST for liquid products, try using it with your glimmershimmers. i'm debating whether or not i want to go back and get the orange glimmer shimmer..the pale one seemed way to pale for my nc42 skin..

LadyLaundale

Update:

I also purchased Nothing Sweeter and Brickster. These are amazing, so much more pigmented than before. I can't believe the difference. Brickster is a great brick red, brown colour. Nothing Sweeter is a vivid purple. I love them as blushes, buffed out on my skin. NC43 for reference. I think I must also pick up Shock & Shine.

a914butterfly

i love the sweet & shy, it's very light shimmery pink, but im pale anyway so it looks very nice on me. i bought 3 of them cause i liked it so much and it's LE. i also found out from MAC live chat that you can also use as an eyeshadow base so its multipurpose

user4

nothing sweeter glimmershimmer is hot... its like a plumish color!!! i didnt buy it but i def want to!!!!

Latest posts