Uncle Rick, rest in heaven

Pimptress

well i'm flying back to pennsylvania on thursday, probably, maybe friday, definately sometime soon.

this morning was a very sad awakening... my mom came down, my uncle (dad's brother) rick's house burnt down last night/this morning about 1am. he died in the fire, in bed. at first i was so groggy that i didn't cry, and then when i realized what my family is going through back home i started to lose it.

my uncle was never given a fair chance at life.. he lived alone, he never fell in love... he never really had a job... he pretty much depended on our family... and he was always in my life

his house was in the woods the police said the fire started in the fireplace. he also had a gun in bed with him. we think he might have shot himself, but we can't know yet. he might have slept with the gun every night.. they are doing an autopsy. they couldn't tell when they took him out. my dad went to his house early this morning to look for rick's dog, tracker. he wasn't in the house, but he did have a doggy door. i would think that if he had left because of the fire he would've tried to wake up rick. he was a big, lovely doggie. and my uncle, was a very loving person.

rick, i'm so sorry. i don't know what happened but i am so sorry that your life ended this way and not the way it should have... i hope you are welcome in heaven and loved just as much as you were and deserved to be on this earth... i will see you in awhile

Janice

Very sorry for your loss.
cry.gif

Eye<3Colour

i wish i could give you a hug.
ssad.gif
im sorry for your loss. and i understand what you mean, about not getting a fair chance w/this life. i hope that your doing better and wish you the best. remember we are all here to listen and help when needed.

Pimptress

Thank you everyone <3 I'm driving back to PA tonight starting at 10pm (12 hours! gah!) and staying with my dad. I don't know yet if they are going to have an official funeral for him, but we are all gathering together on Saturday.

We found out today that he did, indeed, shoot himself after he set fire.
ssad.gif
But everyone is right, he is in a better place... golfiing with Jesus
smiles.gif

pucci

Oh goodness, such a sad thing for you to go through. I hope you are ok.
I hope they find his doggy aswell.

lovejam

I'm sorry. I know what it's like to lose an uncle that was previously always in your life, and very close to you. I hope you and your family will get through this alright.