Undertones on fair people.

ThiicknSeskii

I wasn't sure were to put this sorry.

I was shopping in Big W (Australian store) looking for a new foundation because the price for the Prescriptives custom blend is more then i want to pay and they still cant make it light enough. The lady told me...i don't have any undertones because pale people are to light to have undertones :confused:. I know shes not a professional but im just curious to know if this is true?
The girls at MAC say i am warm at Prescriptives im blue/red but at shiseido and clarins im cool :confused:

she also tried to tell me true match n1/w1/c1 will match my skintone...maybe when i get a tan
ssad.gif

JediFarfy

I am right there with you! From my experience, I am a warm shade, but no warm shade in any foundation has been pale enough. I've been buying the lightest cool shade, since they tend to be lighter. I don't believe the whole "pale people have no undertones". True Match foundation is ok, but you have to blend it out well cause they can get a little too dark. Good luck! Hope you find some answers, cause I'm looking for some too. :p

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

It depends on how pale you are I guess, otherwise I think what youve been told is a bit false... I consider myself quite pale and I'm an nw20 which is PINK undertones... MAC obviously go down a notch in "paleness" as well, and still have undertones for each of their foundations... I'd say this is the case with other foundation brands as well. So I'd say you do actually have a undertone, and would probably recommend going to a "proper" counter as such which has more training in cosmetics, rather than an "all over"...
Hope that actually made sense... LOL

Amaranth

MAC's undertones system is also sort of backwards, compared to what people normally think of cool and warm. For MAC, warm is bluish/pinkish undertones while cool is yellowish undertones. For the majority of other companies (um...ALL from what I've seen, though there may be a few others like MAC out there), it is the exact opposite: warm is yellowish and cool is bluish/pinkish. Confusing, I know.

lara

Fork out the $$$ for a Prescriptives custom blend, not a pre-mixed standard colour. If you're as pale and pink-based as you say you are, there's no way you'll score something in an entry-level cosmetics line in AU. There simply isn't a market for them.

banjobama

I've heard of a trick to tell if you're cool or warm toned, you look at the veins on your forearm and if they are blue, you're cool, and if they are greenish, you're warm. I think that's how it went.

I have this problem a little too. Different MAs will tell me I have oily AND dry skin. Come on!!

NaturalSister19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThiicknSeskii
The lady told me...i don't have any undertones because pale people are to light to have undertones :confused:.

She was definitely an idot and shouldn't be anywhere near a cosmetics retail sales counter. Over the years, I have done make-up for several people with Albinism, and yes - they have undertones even though their medical condition is described as having no pigment in their eyes, skin or hair.

I also don't understand the part about Prescriptives. Did they say they can't make it light enough or have you had it done and need it adjusted?

Did you say you had tried any MAC foundations, and if so - which?

>>>You may want to check Shiseido, THI & Shu Umeura.

You might have to $$PAY$$ to play. It's always costlier to get a solution for a unique issue. Like a woman with a size 32D bra, I know one and she pays a premium for her bras because her situation is non-typical.

kimmy

everyone has undertones.
winks.gif
if you put mac nc15 on my sister, it's about a billion shades too dark for her that's how pale she is, but even she has undertones.

ThiicknSeskii

Lara, im using prescriptives custom blend now but...they cant do it light enough for me iv tried two Meccas
ssad.gif
The nc15 at mac is way to dark so i cant use the foundations, and Shiseido discontiuned the lightest shade in Australia.
Thanks so much for all your replies
smiles.gif
eyelove.gif

Smilla

Definitely a load of crap. At my palest in the dead of winter (would probably be a C10 if MAC made it!) you can definitely see olive and yellow tones on my face.

Shiseido here doesn't have very pale yellow tones, the lightest is O20. Bah.

claresauntie

I concur: That woman was an idiot.
A few people are close to neutral (I'm cool, but very close to neutral, myself), but what she said about pale folks not having undertones- that's nuts. She needs a new job.