Ungrateful people...

Prinsesa

I really hate how kids are brought up nowadays. It DISCOURAGES me to have kids in the future.

Beauty Mark

She looks stunning and age appropriate. I like that you see HER and not the makeup.

I would probably have a lil talk with her about treating others, particularly when they're offering free help. Since she's at one of those weird teenage ages, maybe she feels ugly without makeup. Maybe you could take the time to show her that she can use makeup to enhance what she's got, not cover her face

CantAffordMAC

I think she looks great. She shouldnt have treated u like that.

However, most of the time people can do great makeup on me....BUT there may be something Id feel mroe comfortable with--like adding more liner, etc. I went to MAC in october to try on some cremesheens and the girl putting them on hardly put on ANY product...so as soon as I bought the lipsticks I put on as much as I like to wear.

Sometimes people just like what they like. I think you did great, she didnt have to treat u like shit to get the point across. I think that being a teen, she maybe lacks the "sense" or tact that could have been used in the situation.

I hate ungrateful people too though

ashleyisawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsesa
I really hate how kids are brought up nowadays. It DISCOURAGES me to have kids in the future.

See this is exactly the case for me. I used to take care of her when she was younger.. I though maybe I'd have a little influence on her attitude, but her mother is a pushover. She started doing drugs, cursing out adults, getting arrested at 13... now she's on probation and is being forced to stay at home and not go out with friends, but nobody has taught her respect. She disrespects her mother, her grandmother.. everyone, really. And I made it clear to her that she was not allowed to disrespect me.. I'm not them.

I seriously cried last night because between her, my sister, and my other cousin, I've really been rethinking whether or not I want (or if I could even handle) children of my own. My sister was even raised right, I turned out great and she's the complete opposite. I don't know if it all has to do with parenting anymore... Maybe it's in their genes.

ashleyisawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
I have an emo cousin thats like that... i cant believe she doesnt realize it looks awful.

Yeah, see, she too is in the emo crowd... So really it's not even a rational amount of eyeliner..

Beauty Mark

Kids are kind of a crapshot from what I've seen with people. Some of the sweetest kids are raised by the worst people and vice versa. I think it helps, though, if you spend time with your kids and act as a parent and not a pushover or friend.

Lily_Lyla

I'm 17 and I absolutely hate the spider lashes and black eyeliner look!
I feel like jumping the girls who do it and taking a make-up wipe to their face!

I'd never ever dare talk to anyone like that! I work in McDonald's and get horrible amounts of abuse from 12 year olds! I don't understand what is happening to the world.

laraVENGEANCE

aw im 15 and i would never act like that.. it was so great of you to do her makeup so nicely and for her to push you away and not even thank you was very rude and disrespectful.. i wouldnt bother giving her a hand in future if i was you!

ps her eyes are so bright o_O is that natural haha

leenybeeny

You did a beautiful job! She looks wonderful... too bad she didn't appreciate it
ssad.gif
So what happened afterwards? Did she get a lot of compliments on it? Maybe hearing it from her friends might make her appreciate it more!

kittykit

I think you've done a great job. She looks beautiful in the photos.

I wouldn't help her the next time not unless she learns how to respect other people.

ashleyisawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by laraVENGEANCE
aw im 15 and i would never act like that.. it was so great of you to do her makeup so nicely and for her to push you away and not even thank you was very rude and disrespectful.. i wouldnt bother giving her a hand in future if i was you!

ps her eyes are so bright o_O is that natural haha

Ugh, no. She wears stupid colored contacts when she has naturally gorgeous brown eyes.
ssad.gif

Rennah

I watched that "high school girl makeup" video... wow... that is awful!

You did a really great job with her makeup, and she deserved to be told off.
Her hair looks great too!

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyisawesome
See this is exactly the case for me. I used to take care of her when she was younger.. I though maybe I'd have a little influence on her attitude, but her mother is a pushover. She started doing drugs, cursing out adults, getting arrested at 13... now she's on probation and is being forced to stay at home and not go out with friends, but nobody has taught her respect. She disrespects her mother, her grandmother.. everyone, really. And I made it clear to her that she was not allowed to disrespect me.. I'm not them.

I seriously cried last night because between her, my sister, and my other cousin, I've really been rethinking whether or not I want (or if I could even handle) children of my own. My sister was even raised right, I turned out great and she's the complete opposite. I don't know if it all has to do with parenting anymore... Maybe it's in their genes.

People tend to forget that their babies grow into individuals, all you can do is try and lay the best foundation possible, but they will grow up into their own person.

I do think the disrespect from a lot of teens is due to a lot of parents not putting their foot down. When I was a child, children were paddled when necessary where ever and when ever the situation occured... now you have to wait til you get home to disipline and the whole effect of discouraging the behavior is lost. Kind of like the meanie who thinks that sticking an animals face in his accident is going to tell the poor thing right from wrong
angry.gif

All my mom had to do is give me that look
nonono.gif
and it broke my heart, I was rarely bad
whistle.gif

anita22

This is kind of how I feel when I do design work for people and then they decide to make their own changes to it. Especially when they're in bad taste (like when they think it's a great idea to change the typeface to Comic Sans...!
yucky.gif
). Seriously, if you think you can do better, why ask me in the first place?

ashleyisawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
This is kind of how I feel when I do design work for people and then they decide to make their own changes to it. Especially when they're in bad taste (like when they think it's a great idea to change the typeface to Comic Sans...!
yucky.gif
). Seriously, if you think you can do better, why ask me in the first place?

Omg. I know EXACTLY where you're coming from. My mom works for a company called "Sunrise", and her boss wanted me to design a website for them. So I did a little free design for them, and she didn't like it. She said she doesn't like the color orange (then don't choose "Sunrise" as a name omg), and would rather it look something like her business card... Her business card was BRIGHT yellow with purple writing... I'm not kidding. And the "logo" she liked on it was like clip-art houses. I almost threw up. I didn't do the website for her lol I just couldn't.

AdlersMommy22

God does she not understand how expensive the makeup you used on her was??? lol

This is why im SO glad when i got my sono that my OB said "there's the penis!!!" Huge effing sigh of reliefe... lets go get drunk and watch a Sox game and then you can take mommy to MAC and let her buy her own makeup.

Anyways

She looks GORGEOUS.. lol. you did a great job... teenage girls are just..girls. I remember when i was younger never wanting to try and thing new than what i thought looked "great"... they are too scared to venture outside the box because they are used to being "ok" with their look and the thought of other people thinking they look bad or NOT having that self-confidence freaks them out. That's just teenager girls. Annoying, but it's the hormones. LOL

stacylynne

You did a beautiful job. Next time she asks you to do her makeup, say no & explain to her why.
These kids today are so disrespectful.

When I do my cousins hair (she's 16). she calls me a perfectionist. She's very spoiled but she appreciates me doing her hair.

lara

Is it really that surprising that a fifteen year-old girl is a self-centred, ungrateful little snot?

Not that it doesn't suck any less to be the recipient of such shitty behaviour, but you can't honestly say that you didn't suspect that it might be coming.

ohnna-lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Is it really that surprising that a fifteen year-old girl is a self-centred, ungrateful little snot?

Not that it doesn't suck any less to be the recipient of such shitty behaviour, but you can't honestly say that you didn't suspect that it might be coming.

Nope, I wasn't like that then and I am not that way now. I have always been courteous or appreciative when shown it in return. It also could be reversed and I could be a little monster if you were disrespectful of me. That is the way I was raised. It didn't matter who or what the circumstance, if they showed you no respect then they got none back and vice versa.

People don't typically grow out of that behaviour, unless they get enlightened somehow. Growing up doesn't necessarily mean wising up.

Latest posts