uni 70% off mac bazaar / blue storm haulage eyecandy

chazza

our uni had a mac bazaar where (mostly) discontinued mac items were sold at crazy discounts! to give you some idea, the pigments were sold at SGD$14 (retail price is SGD$36!) it was some crazy sale...it was 20 mins just to queue up to get in, and another 20 min long queue at the cashier. anyways, SGD$149 (excluding the blue storm stuff) got me:

DSC00412.jpg

(1) 5 eye brush clutch
(2) whirlwind, rainyday and cumulus e/s from blue storm
(3) rite of spring e/s
(4) 4 face brush clutch
(5) wildly lush plushglass
(6) moonstone lipgelee
(7) darksoul pigment
(8) sultress eyes quad (aria, pure energy, fake, sultress)

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00414.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

terrible picture but from left:
(face brushes) 194SE, 190SE, 168SE, 187SE
(eye brushes) 209SE, 212SE, 275SE, 217SE, 252SE

DSC00416.jpg

closeup of the eye stuff.

errmm sorry for the stupid bedspread.. woopee! gonna play with my new stuff now. btw, does anyone know exactly which collections the brush sets and quad are from?

chazza

at the national university of singapore (NUS)...i was so excited to hear that they were bringing in mac (for the first time i think) for our cosmetic bazaar cos previous brands like stila, origins and clinique don't really appeal to me as much.

the prices were dirt cheap, considering they are in singapore dollars! O_O

chazza

thank you! me too! i'm really loving the lip stuff i got but having thoughts abt selling the rite of spring and darksoul...

talk2mesun

you go to the coolest school in the ENTIRE world, i am sure of this. congrats on the fantastic haul!

BJ1077

<<"btw, does anyone know exactly which collections the brush sets and quad are from?">>

Great haul and to answer your question, The brush sets are from Dress Sets holiday 2006 and the quad is from Icon IV: Raquel Welch Jan. 2007

chazza

not much better but i took the brushes out of their plastics and here's a picture:

ABCD0007-1.jpg

so far, all the brushes seem lovely especially the 168, 190, 194 and 275. however, the 187SE is quite a disappointment
ssad.gif
it's not at all like the original 187. it's very soft but the quality simply doesn't seem to match up!

lethaldesign

You definitely go to the best school in the world!!
smiles.gif
I've heard about these in Singapore... wish they did something like this in the US. I'm certain the prices at these cosmetic bazars are better than CCO prices.

chazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethaldesign
You definitely go to the best school in the world!!
smiles.gif
I've heard about these in Singapore... wish they did something like this in the US. I'm certain the prices at these cosmetic bazars are better than CCO prices.

Thanks!
greengrin.gif
I'm not sure about CCO prices but I guess it all evens out cos we don't have any of those here? Plus the prices for some of the cosmetics at MAC retail outlets here are higher than those in the US. Boooo! These bazaars are really very one-off or infrequent events so it's quite a big deal when it does come!

chazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ1077
<<"btw, does anyone know exactly which collections the brush sets and quad are from?">>

Great haul and to answer your question, The brush sets are from Dress Sets holiday 2006 and the quad is from Icon IV: Raquel Welch Jan. 2007

Thank you! For some reason the "Thanks" button isn't showing up for me o_O