unlabeled parrot from eBay...is it real???

lizard260

Hi all...I bought an unlabeled parrot on eBay and promised to post pics to help all you MAC experts make a determination about whether it is real.

This was the picture on eBay, obviously overexposed.
358459.jpeg

This was taken in full sunlight.
358458.jpeg

This was taken indoors with flash.
358453.jpeg

Taken in natural light out of direct sunlight.
358460.jpeg

This was taken indoors with flash. It compares the controversial parrot to the parrot in my jewel palette.
358454.jpeg

This was taken outdoors in full sunlight. It compares the controversial parrot to the parrot in my jewel palette.
358456.jpeg

This was taken outdoors in full sunlight.On the left of the pot, Elecro Sky on top and belle azure underneath. On the right hand side, Jewel Blue on top and steamy underneath, meadowland on the bottom. And the jewel palette on the underside of the pot.
358457.jpeg

I encourage everyone to weigh in with their opinions. Thanks.

leppy

Looks real to me! Swiping both on your skin and taking a pic of that would be the true test imo.

vicuna1

Looks perfect! So glad it worked out for you! My faith in E-bay humanity is restored!

Shawna

Great ebaying. I wouldn't have bought that b/c it was so washed out in the picture, but you were right, and it's definitely parrot. Yeah!

Star

It's a little weird how the pan is a bit bent on the left side. Did she explain in the listing how this came to happen ? Other than that, it sure looks like the real mccoy.

Shanneran

looks like it might have been depotted and then repotted? i dont know.. ive only ever had a dent like that from depotting.. but thats just my two cents.. who knows?

lizard260

She told me she tried to depot it awhile ago...by prying I guess. But it could be a depot/repot. That would explain the no-label jankiness. Maybe she thought it would be harder to sell self-depotted.
I think depot/repot is a possibility because it was the hardest depot I've ever done. I got it out intact but I've depotted at least 30 shadows without incident and the glue on this one just would not dissolve...superglue?
But anyways, I'm happy with it and its real and all good. Thanks for all the feedback.

Sasha_2084

The palette's totally real... looks similar to the pot you bought...

I agree, swipe them both on your skin and compare.

Parrot is the new craze on eBay -- people have been selling their palettes with parrot in them for up to $130 I saw one go for.

I'm trying to get a hold of a Guacamole...but I saw it selling with an entire Salsabelle Collection, which I didn't want. Just wanted one color....