Unsanitary MUA's

pink4ever

My boss who is a MUA takes me to fashion shows/makeup classes as her assistant. She generally does one-on-one clients but sometimes when she does shows there is more than one MUA there (of course) and I see a lot of them do things that I think are a bit off. Like blowing on the models faces, licking q-tips and putting foundation straight on counters and dipping the brushes in there. Is this considered unhygenic or is it just the norm in the industry?

LC

i'd personally never lick a q-tip, but sanitization rules for the most part go out the window when you cross over into the fashion industry when things are more fast paced. you'd never blow on a bride's face, or put foundation on the counter when doing a bride, but things really are different when you get into fashion...it's just something to adapt to.

User38

omg .. the bacteria which flies from someone's mouth.. on a q tip or on a brush/ saliva .. it's scary. But I am a germophobe so it's part of my nature to be extra extra careful.

the bacterias/virus' are winning the race.. I don't wanna compete.

keetuh

Gosh, if I would have seen that. I think I would have fainted.
icon_eek.gif

pink4ever

I'm pretty much disgusted by it...I wouldn't dare blowing into someones face but you gotta do what you gotta do in the short amount of time I guess.

NappyMACDiva3

I have worked different fashion shows/events and have never seen anyone do any of these things. I hope to never see anyone do this. I personally always carry my palette, wipes, fix+, alcohol, etc. and others around me have done the same. But now I will check my next show to see what some others are doing even more because that is just not right.

Latest posts