Untamed/Rockocco sellouts?

poddygirl

No sellouts yet? I would have thought by now that Accent Red and Pure Vanity would be long gone ...
hmm.gif

vicuna1

I wonder if people are reaching a saturation point, considering all the releases lately. I know I don't even care any more. It used to be exciting, but every two weeks? Too frequent to get so excited.

Juneplum

^ that's a possibility... i also thought accent red would have sold out but it hasn't... it's a case of too much a good thing and too often...

SMMY

I am wondering if saturation is the problem here too. I skipped the Accent Red because it did not look very different from other pigments I already have. If it had been a true red, then that would have been an entirely different matter. I would have ordered it in a heartbeat.

princess

Guess its saturation too, a case of too much too soon. Seriously, I don't think everyone's pockets are that deep to keep on buying cosmetics at the rate MAC is releasing collections.

Plus the general conclusion of these two collections - boring.

GalleyGirl

At my local counter I know they had run out of La La Libertine, and they replaced it in the display with Lip 65. But I agree, I think mostly everyone has reached a saturation point.

Simply Elegant

I thought it was moving too fast as well. I know I can't afford to buy all of the things from the collections that I wanted.

stellarx1587

I think its cause the new collections aren't as exciting anymore. The colors are all the same. They haven't come out with anything cool like when Snake Eyes came out. Or really cool duo chrome shadows (which are my favorite). Like if they were to come out with a shadow that was black, but reflected red... we'd be all over it. Or something fun like when Dolled Up came out... or maybe a 80's inspired collection... I dunno... anything. I bet if all the ladies of Specktra sat down in a conference room and just spit out a bunch of ideas we'd come out with the craziest stuff that everyone and their mom would wanna buy... I think were all waiting for the insane yet exceptionally unique products that MAC was once upon a time known for... but now a days it just seems like they've jumped on the bandwagon of the norm... which is somewhat disappointing and boring... and in turn indirectly sucking away a make up art lovers creativity... we just don't have anything new to expand upon... at least not the way we used to... and therefore no longer wanting to spit out the $$$ for stuff we already have just with a new name...

ledonatella

I think part of the problem is that most regular makeup shoppers (not us Specktraettes!) really buy boring makeup colors. That's why top selling lipsticks are like VGV or Twig and shadows are like Shroom. Just cause we love bold red and deep wine and red/fuschia pigments, doesn't mean the average shopper who buys maybe a new lippie every few months will. I know my lines fall stuff is red lips and shadows and blue shadows and yet everybody wants the same old nude-pink lip. Nothing wrong with it, I like those too, but most women are not as experimental as us here.

Arabella

I think that all of those reasons are true. The colors in Untamed and Rockocco are too bold for casual make up wearers, but too boring for people who are more experimental. And of course, most people just can't afford to buy so much make up every couple of weeks.

CrouchingAfroHiddenPick

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess
Guess its saturation too, a case of too much too soon. Seriously, I don't think everyone's pockets are that deep to keep on buying cosmetics at the rate MAC is releasing collections.

Plus the general conclusion of these two collections - boring.

Seems to me like their first fall collections are always boring! Last year, it was Naturally Eccentric and that was blah, IMO!

stellarx1587

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrouchingAfroHiddenPick
Seems to me like their first fall collections are always boring! Last year, it was Naturally Eccentric and that was blah, IMO!

NO KIDDING!!!! That collection was HORRIBLE! It was basically a collection for folks that don't wanna look like they're wearin' make-up! Come on now... when you rock MAC... you WANT it to show... Total waste of money to produce IMO!

CrouchingAfroHiddenPick

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarx1587
NO KIDDING!!!! That collection was HORRIBLE! It was basically a collection for folks that don't wanna look like they're wearin' make-up! Come on now... when you rock MAC... you WANT it to show... Total waste of money to produce IMO!

You aren't lying, i don't kow what possessed me to buy NE lipstick! I looked like a corpse! YUCK!

ledonatella

Yeah, Naturally Eccentric was one of the first ones I completely skipped, and I usually like boring colors, but it was too blah even for me
smiles.gif

maxcat

This may get me in trouble... but I thought the "Naturally Eccentric" line was a big ole' wtf.
I mean, if we wanted to look "natural" and all beige/stone/slate etc we wouldn't need more new makeup, now, would we?
Some things I'm really fond of with these collections though.... Much of the lip-stuff is quite unique. Taupe is really great on gals too pale for bronzer and as a contour.

User34

I totally agree.. it's not exciting anymore.. not to mention affordable. Before I used to feel like It was more exclusive.Now I figure, I can wait for a next collection next week and they'd have a similiar color and I can possibly afford it then.

shabdebaz

Our first sell out was Blankety, something we have all the time! A close second I think is going to be Elaborate lipglass.

coachkitten

It looks like Rockocco lipstick is sold out on mac.com! I am seriously suprised that it has been out almost 1 week and this was the first item gone.

curlyqmishee

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
It looks like Rockocco lipstick is sold out on mac.com! I am seriously suprised that it has been out almost 1 week and this was the first item gone.

It looks like just a re-make of Russian Red.