Unusual products that have multiple uses...

alurabella

I have some questions about things, if anyone has had any experience with them. My face is midly oily in the T zone, and I get blackheads in the T zone. I break out all over my face. (Right now, breakouts are manily by my chin and jaw line.)

-Baking Soda as a gentle exfoliant for the face? (I tried this last night... it seemed to work pretty well...)

-Tea Tree Oil as a toner?

-Head and Shoulders (or any dandruff shampoo) as a FACE wash??? (I've heard great things about this... but want to know is anyone has any advice!!)

mspixieears

The aspirin mask for the face! I haven't tried it, and it can be pretty harsh but it does some good things for some people.

alurabella

You can mix with either one. If you have drier skin, it's best to mix with oil. I actually mixed it with Cetaphil cleanser so I washed and exfoliated all in one. You just mix it in your palm, and apply it GENTLY to your face. Don't scrub too hard. Then wash it off after about a minute.

midnightlouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
The aspirin mask for the face! I haven't tried it, and it can be pretty harsh but it does some good things for some people.

I like the aspirin mask on occasion
smiles.gif
It's too harsh to use often, but once a week or every other week it's a great exfoliator, and seems to take alot of the redness out of any fading spots....

asteffey

Quote:
Originally Posted by alurabella
Where can I find tea tree oil??

Try a health food store or a vitamin shop. i use TT oil for like everything, its an obsession.
eyelove.gif
It can get pretty pricey, just a heads up. For example, I have a 1.69 oz bottle and it cost $22.99USD. Use it sparingly. In the morning and at night, I use it as a toner after washing my face. A cotton ball + two drops is plenty and it will really wake you up.

If you aren't ready to check out the oil in its purest form, Kiehls makes a pretty rad tea tree oil toner.

I also put a drop or two in my shampoo during the summer to cut down on oiliness and buildup. It is a really great tingly feeling too!

ostentatious

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteffey
Try a health food store or a vitamin shop. i use TT oil for like everything, its an obsession.
eyelove.gif
It can get pretty pricey, just a heads up. For example, I have a 1.69 oz bottle and it cost $22.99USD. Use it sparingly. In the morning and at night, I use it as a toner after washing my face. A cotton ball + two drops is plenty and it will really wake you up.

If you aren't ready to check out the oil in its purest form, Kiehls makes a pretty rad tea tree oil toner.

I also put a drop or two in my shampoo during the summer to cut down on oiliness and buildup. It is a really great tingly feeling too!

I'd never have thought to use Tea Tree oil in my shampoo! Thanks for posting that! I'll be sure to try it some time.

laurenmo88

tea tree oil has great medicinal benefits! whenever i get a burn/cut/wound i put tea tree oil on it and the wound heals with no scar like magic...also tea tree oil is great for PETS! my dog often gets ear infections and she loooves when we put some oil on it to soothe the pain, she jumps in ur lap when u say "let me put medicine on ur ear!"

also i've never heard of the asprin mask? could someone ellaborate on this?

Arella

Tea Tree Oil in shampoo also helps get rid of lice. Which happens to be why I can't stand the stuff now.

mspixieears

Laurenmo88 - I don't know how much is used, but you get some tablets, crush them up to a powder and mix with water to form a paste then rub on face. Could anyone else elaborate or confirm?

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by inheritedhornet
i tried the aspirin mask.

i used 8 tablets, crushed them up and mixed with aloe vera and glycerin

what did it do? and did it work? this strikes my intrest....

faifai

The aspirin mask is basically crushed up uncoated aspirin mixed with a thick liquid/gel so it adheres to your face (5-6 aspirin mixed with Cetaphil, creamy face cleanser, aloe vera gel, etc. would do the trick).

www.makeupalley.com has tons of reviews for it. And I use it and it works great, it clarifies/exfoliates and makes your skin glow. But if you have dry or sensitive skin I wouldn't use it very frequently or leave it on very long, as it can be too harsh for some people (I have super oily skin so it works fine on me).

ilovexnerdsx

for blemishes you can use a little bit of visine redness remover... it removes the redness from your face just as it would with your eyes
smiles.gif
this trick gets me through about every day!

sewpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by alurabella
My face is midly oily in the T zone, and I get blackheads in the T zone. I break out all over my face. (Right now, breakouts are manily by my chin and jaw line.)

Before give my 2 cents - I wanted to know if your breakouts are full blown acne/pimples that come to a head and actually expell something, or are they minor flareup that are red, slightly raised and itchy that eventually go away without popping/expelling anything?

Does that question make sense?

Latest posts