Up In The Air

Makeup Emporium

OK, so I go to see a movie a week so I have seen a lot of the new flicks out there so I figured I'd go through them all and share my thoughts...

I think George Clooney is a great actor and something nice to look at. The problem is that I found that even he wasn't enough to save this movie. I can't for the life of me figure out why this movie received so many (or any) nominations.

I found it completely boring and predictable and not at all interesting. It had a few funny moments but the film as a whole certainly didn't seem to me that it was worth the accolades that it received.

IMHO...didn't get the hype...
th_confused_new.gif

Shadowy Lady

I liked this movie. It was different and I like that. I guess I'd give it 7.5/10.

What I don't get is Avatar, I thought it was mediocre at best. The only good thing about it was special affects and that's never enough for me.

Makeup Emporium

I agree with you that it was different. I just found that it moved way too slow for my liking. You're more generous than I am with the ranking though; I'd give it more like a 5/10.

I did like Avatar; I am more of an action or horror genre junkie though. Dramas are usually just not my thing. Unless they are really captivating (which Up In The Air was not) then I find I am easily bored.

sailordom

I have heard such mixed things about this, I delayed going to see it. And now I'm sure it's almost out of the theaters here, if it's not already gone. With as many movies as I see, I'm always amazed how many I still end up missing.