Updated Fake Product List

speedygirl247

I posted the pro-pans a while ago, here is another update of the information that I have to hand, the products on this list are guaranteed 100% fake (inspected, but not by me), again there are lots that have been seen before, but a few ones here too, and the pro-pan list from what I posted before has expanded quite a lot, a couple of new blush and a couple of new CCB and the Studio fix (seen before).
girl_devil.gif
. Be careful peeps (thats a uk thing). When I get time over the next week, I will purchase a couple of these pro-pans from ebay and post the comparisons.
Not a list for everybody to enjoy, but to be informed. Be safe shopping.

PRODUCT NAME CREAM COLOUR BASE HUSH FAWNTASTIC COOLED PINK BRONZE ANTIQUED GOLD BLUSH COYGIRL A18 PLUM FOORERY FLIRT & TEASE BREEZY SPRINGSHEEN TRACE GOLD AMBERING ROSE STYLE BUFF AC7 WELL DRESSED A28 GINGERLY A68 HARMONY HONOUR A38 GLITTER 3D SILVER SILVER PURPLE JEWELMARINE GREY CRYSTALLED PINK LIGHT BLUE PIGMENT WHITE CHARTRUESE JARDIN AIRES GOLD CLEAR SKY BLUE Off The radar ROSE GOLD FRENCH VIOLET FAIRYLITE COCOMOTION FROST GOLD MODE REVVED UP MAUVEMENT QUICK FROST COPPERIZED GOLD STROKE TEATIME MILK BLUE PRIMARY YELLOW NAKED SILVER GENUINE ORANGE POLISHED IVORY TEAL DARK SOUL EYESHADOW SHROOM LIGHT SHADE SADDLE COPPERPLATE JUXT CLOUDBURST TEXTURE B-RICH BEAUTY MARKET STORM WATCH KNIGHT DIVINE POISON PEN BAMBOO MOONFLOWER CORDUROY HANDWRRITEN MYSTERY BLUE STORM AQUADISIAC MYSTICAL MIST CHARCOAL BROWN PLUMAGE CLARITY CRYSTAL THUNDER 100 STROKES DEEP SHADE CORK JUICED GOLDMINE SWIMMING STEAMY ET TU,BOUQUET? FORGERY FIL AMENT NEWLY MINTED RULE A88 HUMID A98 GESSO A19 BITTER AB8 COPPERING A68 GORGEOUS GOLD A18 CUMULUS PARFIT AMOUR HEPCAT ORANGE PRO PAN REFIL EYESHADOW PURPLE HAZE WOOD WINKED YOGURT ELECTRA QUARRY SKY BLUE JUXT STAR VIOLET SWISH SKETCH TWINKS TILT HUMID STEAMY NEHRU CARBON BLACK TIED IDOL EYES BRONZE SHROOM LIPSTICK FRESCO OVERRICH A38 LA MODE FLOWERPLAY CHARISMATIC ENTWINED DUBONNET MILAN MODE LIPGLASS EXPLICIT LIP 65 POETIQUE A56 PINK CLASH A35 PAS-DE-DEUX A96 BARE FETISH A95 EARLY BLOOMER A16 STUDIO FIX PLUS FOUNDATION NC20 NC25 NC30 NC35 NC40 NC42 NC43 NC45 NW30 NW35 NW40 NW43 NW45 NW50 C4 C6 C8 MIXING MEDIUM WATER BASE ALCOHOL BASE

ThePowderPuff

Hi

I just bought one of these
angry.gif

I am convinced now it's fake. I thought you all would like to know, that compared to a genuine Pro Pan, the magnet is very slightly thicker. That's the most obvious difference.

And I really think the eyeshadow itself feels softer than the usual a bit grainy texture of Sketch (which is the one I bought).

The bacth kode on ny sketch is A29 for reference.

The good thing is that I can now leave negative feedback.

NaturalSister19

Wow, that Ebay seller has 100% positive feedback. I tend to trust sellers with high ratings like that. Have to be careful.

ThePowderPuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky & Poodle
My shadows from that seller are fake as well
ssad.gif

I have sent you a PM
smiles.gif
Please make a claim through Paypal.

britmacgirl

I'm compiling a list of UK ebay sellers that are selling possible fake mac items, and the sellers that are selling authentic mac too. I have looked on the seller that the members above bought from, and he still has 100% positive feedback, even after this. How does that work!?

rockin

Quote:
Originally Posted by britmacgirl
I'm compiling a list of UK ebay sellers that are selling possible fake mac items, and the sellers that are selling authentic mac too. I have looked on the seller that the members above bought from, and he still has 100% positive feedback, even after this. How does that work!?

Some people don't realise the item they have received is fake until after they have given positive feedback. Some never do find out that they have received fake goods, especially since many people don't live near a MAC store (like myself) and don't have the opportunity to see the real thing to compare.

Then there those who do not leave feedback, for fear of receiving nasty comments on their own feedback, although of course sellers cannot leave a neg now.

Some leave a positive because, although the item was fake, the seller refunded their money without quibble - thus good service

For some reason, there are also those who don't care that the item is fake, so long as it's cheap
ssad.gif

britmacgirl

Hi, i'm just being nosey on ebay again. I always look for highest price mac items first, to see who is pulling a real fast one!! can you give me your opinions on this item please as to whether you think its geniune. I don't, for the only reason so far, that I didn't think eyeshadows came with the little sponge applicators? I read somewhere that this shows its an obv fake? Is that right? Have a look and see what you think. i'm not going anywhere near it, although this is the sort of thing i'd look at buying, if I found a genune lot, say a MUA clear out. mac makeup joblot 100% genuine over £300 worth on eBay (end time 27-Feb-10 12:35:50 GMT)

rockin

You're right about MAC not having the sponge applicators or mirrors in their eyeshadows. Also they say their 'larger pigments' are Juxt and Humid - these aren't pigment colour names. Also pigments aren't £23!!

rockin

I emailed the seller of that job lot and told him it was fake and how I knew.

I've just received this reply:

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]well thanks for judgement and i appreciate your comments but i can tell you that on this ocasion i think your wrong my stuff comes from a relative of mine who works in phototgraphy studio with celebs i get the make up cheaper when basically they order to much and dont use it .they are a top company and wouldnt be using fake goods i can asure you that i think most of her gear comes from canada and some from uptown but you know free country for your opinion ive sold a fair bit of mac and had no complaints so there we go

[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]- jamesbiffa7[/FONT]

britmacgirl

Blummin heck.... but we KNOOOOOW its not genuine. I don't know if their reply makes them out to be a fibber, or if they really beleive its genuine. hmmmm. I think i'll pass, ta! x x

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockin
I emailed the seller of that job lot and told him it was fake and how I knew.

I've just received this reply:

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]well thanks for judgement and i appreciate your comments but i can tell you that on this ocasion i think your wrong my stuff comes from a relative of mine who works in phototgraphy studio with celebs i get the make up cheaper when basically they order to much and dont use it .they are a top company and wouldnt be using fake goods i can asure you that i think most of her gear comes from canada and some from uptown but you know free country for your opinion ive sold a fair bit of mac and had no complaints so there we go

[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]- jamesbiffa7[/FONT]

Wow, unprofessional, defensive, and rude, just like a shoplifter in the wrong.
yes.gif
angry.gif

Edit: Report this a-hole please!

rockin

Yes, the eye pencils do look a bit 'cheap' don't they?

I actually reported his listing a couple of days ago. I think bidding at the time was £56, and it's now at £62 and ebay haven't removed it
ssad.gif
It only has a couple of hours to go now, so someone is going to be 'had'

Edit: The listing has now ended at £67
ssad.gif
So annoying that we can't now see the winner's name until they leave feeback. It was a snipe bid, too, so they probably think they've got a bargain!

RandomnessWithK

wow! i'm so glad i read this.. as i was saying i'm starting back into my mac collection (had a looong hiatus).. and was going to give ebay a try.. this doesn't sound to promising! and very scary actually!

i guess i'll have to be real careful! thank goodness for threads like this!

TheCollector

Wow, I haven't been on here in a while, been soo busy! Thanks so much for the posting! I am really interested in seeing the difference in the pro pans. Are they posted anywhere?

There is a particular seller I am convinced is selling almost all these items. Are we still allowed to post seller id's??

rockin

You're allowed to post links to auctions for the purpose of ascertaining authenticity.