uploading high quality Youtube videos?

caitlin1593

I've tried uploading a few videos to Youtube but they all come out pixely and in horrible quality. When I view them in imovie and quicktime, they look great, but once their uploaded they look like crap...
ssad.gif

any help?

user79

You have to upload in the correct resolution. If you go to upload, there's a link on the left side I believe on YT that explains what resolution your video has to be in. Also when you save it, try to save it as best quality. It also depends what resolution you capture with on your cam.

hello_kitty

Youtube also takes the videos, and put them into two forms "Normal" and "HD or High Quality". It defaults to "Normal", but if you wait a bit after they've processed, it'll have a "HD" or "High Quality" viewing option if it determines the video is either. My camera records HD, so once all my videos are processed and they detect it was HD, the HD viewing option, which is in the right hand lower corner under the vdieo, becomes available.

Hope that helps a bit. If your camera is recording in a small resolution, though, like Misschevious said, you have to choose the correct resolution when you upload.