Upset over my friend..

BEA2LS

I am really confused hurt by something. I am sorry to vent here but i have nowhere else to go.
I mentioned problems that my boyfriend, well we have been doing great lately - we got back in touch with some old friends, have been getting along, everything has been good.
one of these old friends is a girl that i have known for over ten years.. we grew up together and at one time i considered her my sister. she is actually the one who introduced me to my boyfriend (who has known her almost as long as i have).
we hang out in large groups or the three of us hang out sometimes or just me and her or just her and him or whatever. it is fine, i really do have insecurity issues and was glad to be more social and stuff, i enjoy her company and was happy we were hanging out again. she was closer to my boyfriend than me but that was honestly cool with me because i really am not a loner most times anyway.
but last night sometimes happened that really enraged me.. they were out over a friend's house. i was going to meet up with them after i finished up with some errands. but i than fell asleep and woke up to a phone call.. it was the friend whose house everyone was over. i do not knwo this girl too well but i heard aruging in the background.. she told me what happened.
this girl hit on my boyfriend! she apparently came over drunk or whatever she was saying that he can love me and still have someone on the side, that she did that before with former boyfriends.. that no other girl is like here, and than she got her little sister piping it "you think my sister is hot, right??"
everyone there said my boyfriend rejected her advances and said he has a girlfriend who he cares about and would not cheat on. my boyfriend also confirmed this. but the time i got there, she and her sister were gone.
i just feel really betrayed.. i mean, i am not mad at my boyfriend.. i really am not because i do trust him and i really do not think he did anything wrong.. but i am upset that my "friend" would do this! like it makes me feel bad about myself - she tried this in front of so many people, i just feel humilated. everyone there said she is in the wrong. i tried to call her, to talk or whatever but she is avoiding me.
nonono.gif

i am really just hurt.. like why would my friend do this? i, of course, am done with her but i have known her for so many years, it just.. offends me.

TISH1124

I am not sure why you would feel bad or humiliated by her actions...Upset and offended,YES! But not to the point where you feel bad about yourself. She is clearly not a friend and I wouldn't treat her as one from this point forward. I frankly wouldn't even care to talk to her to even hear what she had to say or listen to her explain it away to be honest. After being my friend for that long and doing that to me she couldn't even breathe the same air as me....Be happy you found out what kind of person she really is and cut the ties. They say men come and go...well sometimes so do some so-called friends. Everyone saw what kind of person she really is so you have nothing to be embarressed about....you can't control how other people act...sober or drunk....People are responsible for their own actions...If she can't handle her liquor, Don't drink.

kittykit

You should feel offended and upset, that's normal. She should be the one who feels humiliated for her stupid behaviours - not you. Time to BIN this so called friend of yours.

banana1234

you should just be glad your boyfriend obviously loves you very much to shun her advances and you should be thankful that cos he said no, he showed you what a crappy friend she is before she did it with a bloke of yours that wouldn't have said no, and broke your heart. (i hope that makes sense!)

ditch the friend and make new friends, forget about her, she isn't worth your time!

be glad as tish said, you found out what a bad friend she is now rather than years down the line, like when you are older and she steals your husband or something!

you should feel liberated cos you know that you are better off with out her!

and its okay to feel upset, you'll feel better in time, but don't be embarassed!

BEA2LS

thanks
smiles.gif
i am not like sad, i guess it is more shocked.. what enraged me is that she called my boyfriend and left a message on his answering machine, apologizing to him!!!! i was there when she left it, but he didn't pick up and said he didn't wanna call her back.
but i have not heard a word from her myself, that's why i called but i am not going to bother anymore.
i really just wanted to vent, i guess.. thanks everyone
smiles.gif

gildedangel

Don't be embarrassed, you weren't the one who was drunk and hitting on your friend's boyfriend! She is the one that should be humiliated, not you. Be glad to be rid of her, better now than later. She isn't someone worth keeping around. It sounds like you have a great, loyal bf though!
smiles.gif

BEA2LS

thanks again everyone - i am kinda over it now. it is a shock how quickly it happened but i'm not even upset anymore. i just do not want to see her, talk to her, whatever and i'm fine.
thanks
smiles.gif
i love this board.

Latest posts