Urban Decay Glinda and theodora palettes

butterflyeyes

The funny thing is that the problem shadows for me aren't the ones that involve fallout. I used a piece of tissue under my eye to catch the shades that give fallout. My problem with Glinda, for example was the pink shade. That was a huge dud for me. Nothing I did worked. For Theodora it was the black/gold duo. Poor color payoff for me. I wish I could take the top row of Theodora, all the neutrals and from Glinda, the purple, gold/silver duo and the taupe color at the end. That would've been perfect, but I'm not going to keep thinking about it or I'll be sad.
lol.gif
The pink shade was the only one I had the least success with as far as getting even pigmentation solely because it applied a bit more on the powdery side, but it wasn't a total fail unless I tried to apply without using primer potion. I also got amazing results when applying it wet (I have MAC Fix+ but just plain water lightly spritzed on the brush after picking up some of the shadow works exactly the same AND you don't have to pay extra for it lol). The black/gold duo tend to give better pigmentation when patted on with a brush like the MAC 213 and then blended out...at least that's what works for me and limits the fallout. Not that any of this matters for you now since you no longer have it lol

shontay07108

The pink shade was the only one I had the least success with as far as getting even pigmentation solely because it applied a bit more on the powdery side, but it wasn't a total fail unless I tried to apply without using primer potion. I also got amazing results when applying it wet (I have MAC Fix+ but just plain water lightly spritzed on the brush after picking up some of the shadow works exactly the same AND you don't have to pay extra for it lol). The black/gold duo tend to give better pigmentation when patted on with a brush like the MAC 213 and then blended out...at least that's what works for me and limits the fallout. Not that any of this matters for you now since you no longer have it lol
Ha. I never tried them wet, but I pat every single eyeshadow no matter the finish. I just find that it goes on better that way. Still, those shades didn't work to my satisfaction. I wore the Naked jumbo pencil out all day today. I had a taupe smokey eye thing going on and it was perfect.

butterflyeyes

I wore the Naked jumbo pencil out all day today. I had a taupe smokey eye thing going on and it was perfect.
Wet use is one of UD's great perks. Some brands shadows don't work as well when used wet but UD is amazing. It doesn't clump up or become impossible to apply without patchy spots. I was glad to see this didn't change when UD changed their e/s formula last year.

deanfour

I love using my Perversion e/s wet! That's the best way to get it to look as opaque as possible as a liner.

butterflyeyes

they look uber shimmery? are they?
I wouldn't say so. They have a mix of shimmers, satins, matte (Theodora has one matte color), and glitters. It also depends on what you are calling "uber" shimmery. For some people., they would consider anything with a lot of glitter to be shimmery. In that case, the Spell duo in the Theodora palette and the Oz duo in Glinda...and to some extent South in the Glinda palette are the only ones with glitter. The shimmers aren't uber shimmery and the satins obviously aren't. If anything other than a pure matte is considered too shimmery by someone then they may feel like this and most UD shadows won't work for them. You can try looking at bloggers swatches to get a better idea. Mu swatches weren't done in the best lighting but they may help a little. If anything, I'd say that the Glinda palette would feel more shimmery than the Theodora...I guess to mimic the idea of "Good" witch and her ethereal glow lol. Anyway, you can see my swatches here:

http://butterflyeyesga.wordpress.com/2013/01/28/product-review-urban-decay-glinda-and-theodora-palettes/

But there are a ton of others out there on the net as well.

alyxo

When I heard these 2 palettes were coming out, I was so excited. At first I wanted the Theodora palette because I like the rich colours. But I ended up getting the Glinda palette because I feel like that palette's colours are more unique. Glinda is the type of palette that you need to go to the store to see, swatch the colours on your skin to appreciate them. The Theodora palette has lots of rich browns and greens but I have so many colours like that in my collection already.

khhmakeup

I think I may be the only one who wasn't crazy for this palette! My hubby bought me the Theodora palette for Valentines day and for the life of me... I cannot get these shadows to stay! Especially Broken and Spell.. I put it on my lid and within a few hours it's gone... creased, faded.. no where to be found. Any suggestions ladies? I've tried the UD Primer Potion... NARS primer, and MAC paint pot.

butterflyeyes

I think I may be the only one who wasn't crazy for this palette! My hubby bought me the Theodora palette for Valentines day and for the life of me... I cannot get these shadows to stay! Especially Broken and Spell.. I put it on my lid and within a few hours it's gone... creased, faded.. no where to be found. Any suggestions ladies? I've tried the UD Primer Potion... NARS primer, and MAC paint pot.
Wow...I'm not really sure what would help you if primers don't help the shadows last. I have somewhat hooded lids AND oily lids but I never have trouble with my UD shadows (or any quality brand) staying put when I use UD Primer Potion. Only thing I can think of is if you aren't applying enough primer or your application of the shadows being an issue? Hmmmm....I'm honestly stomped on this one. What type of brushes do you use? That sometimes affects how well products work. I know that if you have good brushes you can often make even the lowest quality shadows look pretty amazing versus if your tools are poor. Doesn't mean you have to have expensive brushes...but the quality of the fibers matter. For example...I can't work with any of the UD brushes that have been included with some palettes. I can see a major difference in the quality of my application when I use them, but I can't quite put my finger on just why.

Latest posts