Urban Decay Surreal Mineral Foundation

Chanel_MAC

Forgive me if there's already a thread on this, but I didn't see one.

I'm just curious as to how many of you have tried it, and what your thoughts are? I currently use this in Hallucination, and actually left my Chanel foundations for it!

My other question is, if anyone uses this, do you use a finishing powder with it? TIA!!!

Peach_patch

I have it and I think it's too matte for me. I like my foundation to have a bit more of a glow or dewy look.
Coverage is fine though but the powder just seems to settle into fine lines no matter if you use a little or a lot or buff .
Lots of people rave about it though. I do have dry skin which may just be one of the problems. If I use a primer it improves slightly.

Chanel_MAC

I prefer a matte finish, so that works okay for me. The best primer for it, IMHO, is Laura Geller Face Spackle. I haven't had any problems with it settling into any lines or anything, but I also have combo skin, which might make the difference.

jenii

Just be aware that it has bismuth, which can irritate your skin. To be honest, I'd try some samples from companies like Everyday Minerals and Alima Cosmetics first. They don't use bismuth, and the samples are cheap (or, in the case of EM, free).

Spatzchen

I have the lightest color of this powder, it calls Illusion. Unfortunately I didn't have an opportunity to test it myself before buying it... So I just asked my friend to buy the lightest color for me, because I usually use i.d. bare escentuals Foundation Fair or Fairy Light.
But Illusion is too much yellow! It is normal for asian skin only, IMHO. And yes, it very matte and makes wrinkles more visible.
But... If the color is good for you and you like this effect, you'll like this stuff because it's very usable. It gives quite thick coverage and you have not to use liquid foundation or concealer with it. I have also tryed to put it under eyes and it was ok.

kblakes

I have Illusion and it is too yellow plus I found it turned orange on me halfway through the day.