URBAN DECAY X GWEN STEFANI

soonari

Temptalia's review for the blush palette is good enough for me so I'm thinking of getting that plus all the non-sheer lipsticks. Firebird looks especially amazing! Not sure when they'll launch in my country though!

Heidi K

I wasn't going to get the blush palette until I saw that one that had like a duochrome type sheen (O.C. I think?). It broke my resolve.

Ingenue

Got the blush palette, Firebird, Phone Call and Rock Steady Pencils and Lipsticks... and the Ex Girlfriend pencil because that lipstick looks bogus. Phone Call and Ex Girlfriend should arrive today... the rest gets here tomorrow.

And make sure to get it from Sephora because Urban Decay is SLOW with the shipping! None of my Urban Decay stuff has even left the building so I ended up cancelling it (even though I ordered last week), and just getting it from Sephora.

Last edited:

montREALady

I see Sephora says the blush palette is their exclusive. Does that mean Macy's and Nordies aren't getting it? I find that hard to believe since they have the shadow palette...

Edit: Did a Nordies chat, they are expected to get it on Jan. 28th.

Last edited:

MaryJane

Got the blush palette, Firebird, Phone Call and Rock Steady Pencils and Lipsticks... and the Ex Girlfriend pencil because that lipstick looks bogus. Phone Call and Ex Girlfriend should arrive today... the rest gets here tomorrow.

And make sure to get it from Sephora because Urban Decay is SLOW with the shipping! None of my Urban Decay stuff has even left the building so I ended up cancelling it (even though I ordered last week), and just getting it from Sephora.

Really? I've never had that problem w/UD. I ordered a bunch of stuff the day the collection launched last Tuesday and it was delivered by Thursday. They thought they messed up my order, even though they didn't, so they sent me a box with about 10 different samples. I was really impressed by that. When I have delayed shipping from Sephora, all I get is more points I don't need.

Ingenue

Really? I've never had that problem w/UD. I ordered a bunch of stuff the day the collection launched last Tuesday and it was delivered by Thursday. They thought they messed up my order, even though they didn't, so they sent me a box with about 10 different samples. I was really impressed by that. When I have delayed shipping from Sephora, all I get is more points I don't need.

Yeah, this is the third time I've had issues with them shipping in less than two weeks. Sephora shipped my stuff for tomorrow's delivery so I'm a happy gal.

GreenEyedAllie

Got to play with these at my SiJCP today. Seriously crushing on the blush palette. I keep flip-flopping, and I don't know why.

The lipsticks look nice, but since I don't do liner, I'm really worried about feathering. The packaging felt SUPER cheap, and the SA said the bullets tend to wobble. I think I'll hold tight to see how others fare with them before plunking down $$. I don't exactly have an emergency lipstick shortage, haha!

MaryJane

Got to play with these at my SiJCP today. Seriously crushing on the blush palette. I keep flip-flopping, and I don't know why.

The lipsticks look nice, but since I don't do liner, I'm really worried about feathering. The packaging felt SUPER cheap, and the SA said the bullets tend to wobble. I think I'll hold tight to see how others fare with them before plunking down $$. I don't exactly have an emergency lipstick shortage, haha!

I highly recommend the blush palette. It's a great mix of bronzer, highlighter, and blush.

As far as the lipsticks go - I've tried two of them (Ex Girlfriend and Plaid) and haven't had any problems with the bullet. I did get the matching lipliner. My lips have almost no pigment and when I wear darker or brighter lip colors the liner helps me get a cleaner edge. The packaging does feel cheap but since it's a few $$ less than the price of Revolution lipsticks, I'm ok with that.

Hope this was helpful.

Ingenue

I highly recommend the blush palette. It's a great mix of bronzer, highlighter, and blush.

As far as the lipsticks go - I've tried two of them (Ex Girlfriend and Plaid) and haven't had any problems with the bullet. I did get the matching lipliner. My lips have almost no pigment and when I wear darker or brighter lip colors the liner helps me get a cleaner edge. The packaging does feel cheap but since it's a few $$ less than the price of Revolution lipsticks, I'm ok with that.

Hope this was helpful.

I can't wait for my blush palette! It gets here today. WOOT! I agree about the bullets. They work fine for me. The packaging is lighter than I'd like but the color payoff makes up for that for me.

GreenEyedAllie

Hope this was helpful.

Thanks for the input! You are definitely pushing me towards giving in on the palette, and that is a good point about the lipsticks have a lower price point than normal. Do you think it's the Revolution formula? I know the blushes are because it says in the description, but apparently it is unclear for the lipsticks.

View attachment 51560
Phone call lipliner and lipstick

That looks GORGEOUS on you!

MaryJane

I can't wait for my blush palette! It gets here today. WOOT! I agree about the bullets. They work fine for me. The packaging is lighter than I'd like but the color payoff makes up for that for me.

I hope you like it! I'm curious to see what you think.

Phone call lipstick looks great on you. I have that one and am considering ordering the liner.

MaryJane

Thanks for the input! You are definitely pushing me towards giving in on the palette, and that is a good point about the lipsticks have a lower price point than normal. Do you think it's the Revolution formula? I know the blushes are because it says in the description, but apparently it is unclear for the lipsticks.

That looks GORGEOUS on you!

I don't think the lipsticks are being marketed as Revolution lipsticks. IMO, they are nearly the same. I couldn't tell the difference. Except for Ex Girlfriend, which is sheer, the pigmentation is phenomenal. One pass gives me plenty of color.

rockin

I got an email through from Urban Decay just now to say that the Gwen collection is online, but when I looked the Phonecall lipstick is out ofstock (had to be one of the 'online only' ones, didn't it?) and there is no 'add to bag' for the matching lipliner. I had been planning to get Phonecall lipstick and liner, and Firebird lipstick and liner.

NATlar

This morning it was released here and I got a text and email saying my stuff are coming tomorrow that was quick :eek: I ordered

Blush Palette
Lipsticks in Firebird, 714 and Rock Steady
Lip Liners in Ex Girlfriend, Firebird, 714 and Rock Steady

so excited for them to arrive <3

Ingenue

I'm thinking about 714 even though I don't really wear red like that. My goodies came yesterday! LOVE Rock Steady and LOVE Firebird! The blush palette is awesome BUT it's pressed really soft so it kicks up a ton of product. You have to honestly just 'tap' the brush in there to pick up product. Today I'm wearing Lo-Fi as a blush with OC over it, and Angel as a highlighter. The effect is incredible.

FullSizeRender(11).jpg
I'm actually all Stefani everything today: Angel as shadow, Blackout as liner, and Phone Call lip liner (filled in) with a clear gloss over it.

Last edited:

NATlar

Annoyed my parcel arrived this morning and it seemed light as a feather I opened it and nothing was in it except a sample liner :/ so I phoned them and they said there was a problem with a lot of orders and I'll have to re order.... don't get why they never phoned me or emailed me to let me know instead of me finding out with a shocked face opening my parcel cause nothing was there LOL!! So I've had to re order and they're given me delivery tomorrow and I had to get them to fax my bank to release the money of my first order back into my account or I'll have to wait a week for it to bounce back usually I wouldn't mind waiting but it was a lot plus I had to re order!

MaryJane

I ordered Firebird lipstick and liner on a whim. I'm warmer toned and cool, blue based colors like that typically don't work for me. When I got my order, I took one look at it and planned on returning it. SOOO glad I tried it out today...I love it. It's outside my comfort zone but I need to branch out. It really brightens up may face. The lipstick formulation is a dream - pigmented, moisturizing.

Ingenue, I'm with you. I rarely wear reds but am considering 714. It would be perfect for a special occasion.

The collection has really taken me by surprise. I had no interest in the lipsticks but, somehow, ended up with 4 of them and am pleased with every single one. UD confirmed these are the Revolution formula and I think they are just as good or better than some of the really expensive brands (Chanel, Tom Ford)

I'm surprised this collection hasn't been getting much attention on here.

Latest posts