Urgent help needed ASAP

KTB

Hi ladies and gents,

I'm trying to take advantage of the free shipping at MAC that ends tonight but need colour advice.

I want to get a silvery grey but am torn between Silver Ring and Cumulus. I'm an NW20/25 but am trying to stay away from frosts. i'm leaning toward Silver Ring but am worried it might be a little dark? Of course the fact that Cumulus is LE is making me want to get it but I can't justify the 2 shades
ssad.gif

I also need to know what you would use as a highlighter with either Silver Ring or Cumulus. I can only afford to buy 2 shadows right now so have to get both shadows today.

TIA
cheerleader.gif

j_absinthe

Silver Ring w/ Cumulus applied lightly as a highlighter, or even Electra. Maybe even Crystal or Vellum. I know you're trying to stay away from frosts, but as a highlighter, they work well.

edit: Hmm...I really like Silver Ring and Crystal together.

edit2: Or Silver Ring and Rite of Spring.

edit3: Or Silver Ring and Mylar.

majacat

I personally like silverring.. and its not super dark you can blend it with electra to lighten

SparklingWaves

Electra is really a chrome. Cumulus is has just a hint of blue to it to me. It's not a true silver grey. Silver Ring is a bit darker than both of these. None of these are matte.

I would recommend Crystal Avalanche to go as a highlighter. If you don't like that, I would recommended a very pale pink.

I hope this helps.

KTB

I don't mind frosts as a highlighter but am just trying to lessen the number I buy right now since I'm getting to a point where I don't want all my e/s to be frosty.

Thanks for the highlighter suggestions. Also, thanks for the mention that Cumulus has blue in it - I'm looking for more of a grey silver as opposed to blue.

Must go check out these other colours.

SparklingWaves

Yes, I put on the Electra tonight. It was on my mind, since we were talking about it. It doesn't have any blue. It could be considered a light gun metal. Those swatches are a bit off to me. You can always try looking at swatches on this site. I find them very helpful too.

I love silver grey too. I seem to keep buying it in all sorts of brands - Prescriptives, Bobbie Brown, MAC, and Chanel. It goes with so many colors. I am wearing a red shirt and it looks good with it. I am glad that I have the cool coloring for it. Okay, I know I am getting chatting. Good luck to you.

KTB

I'm now thinking about getting Silver Ring and maybe Electra, but then again a couple of people have Electra for sale on here so maybe I'll get Cumulus just to have it. Oh the decisions!!!

I went back through the e/s I do have and found Vex, Yogourt, Sweet Lust - all of which I think I could probably wear with it. I also have Vanilla and Shimmertime p/g that might work.

I'm excited about trying a grey eye so I want to make sure I pick the right shadow which is hard since I can't actually see it in person. Argh - I wish I could afford to just buy them all!!!!

SparklingWaves

I wear Electra on the lids. It's a mid-silver color on me. It's not too light or too dark. Unless I want to be dramatic, I don't wear dark shades on my lids.

Phloof is a silvery pink and is a good highlighter shade.

Tonight, I wore Crystal Avalanche as a highlighter, Electra on the lids, Print on the top crease and side V. I used Dark Soul over the Print. I wanted to go for a very cool look - no warmth in the colors. I have on black liner and neutral lips.

Yogurt is very good matte. I don't own Vex or Sweet Lust. I decided on Crystal Avalanche instead of Vex for some reason, but I can't remember why. I use my Vanilla pigment with warmer colors. I use my Frozen White Pigment with the cooler colors. It's just my preference. Vanilla can be used with anything.

KTB

oooh I have Frozen White too -but have never used it. I have an idea.

Thanks so much for your suggestions, they've been really helpful.
greengrin.gif

Winthrop44

Cumulus has alot more blue in it than I expected - if you're not after blue I would definitely not bother with it.

KTB

Well, my husband laughed at me because I've been stressing over this decision ALL day!!!!! So he told me to just go ahead and get the 3 shades so I ordered Silver Ring, Cumulus and Electra.
greengrin.gif

I know that Cumulus has a lot more blue in it than people expected but since I do wear a fair bit of blue I figured that I'd fit it into one of those looks and use Silver Ring and Electra for my truer Silver/grey looks. Plus, I 'll admit that I felt the need to get SOMETHING from one of the most recent collections
greengrin.gif

Thanks for all your help ladies. I can't wait for them to get here so I can play.

dmenchi

if you are after a great grey consider: scene or print. very versatile colours as you could apply a shimmery colour to make it look like silver ring or knight devine!