Used Brush

Folie

There's a brush I want from MAC, but not sure on it. If I buy it and use it, and clean it and reshape, can it be returned?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folie
There's a brush I want from MAC, but not sure on it. If I buy it and use it, and clean it and reshape, can it be returned?

you could, but why not stop by a location and ask to try the brush first? the artist will give you the brush and you can use it to apply the makeup right there at the counter and get a feel for it. that way you avoid the whole return process.

you can also buy a cheaper version of it at a drugstore (if a cheaper version exists), and if you like the brush, then invest in the MAC one.

there are ways to try it rather than buying and returning it.

Folie

I'll try to get to a MAC store. It just sucks because it's a long drive to a store. I have a counter about an hour away, but their service sucks. I refuse to go back to them.

erine1881

that sucks you gotta drive longer for good service.
ssad.gif
have fun playing with the brushes!

LMD84

that doe3s suck that you have to have a long drive to get to a mac store with good service. however it would also suck to return a brush because mac would just throw it away so it'd be a waste. i think Erin made a good suggestion by trying to buy a drug store version to see how you get on with it. out of interest what brush were you interested in? i have loads of mac brushes so i could let you know my feelings on it, perhaps getting opinions from us Specktra guys will help!

Folie

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
that sucks you gotta drive longer for good service.
ssad.gif
have fun playing with the brushes!

Yeah, I don't know what's up with that counter. I used to go there 1-2 times a year. There's always knew people there. They have a high turn over rate. It's really just that counter. The other make up counters tend to be nicer/friendlier.
ssad.gif

Folie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
that doe3s suck that you have to have a long drive to get to a mac store with good service. however it would also suck to return a brush because mac would just throw it away so it'd be a waste. i think Erin made a good suggestion by trying to buy a drug store version to see how you get on with it. out of interest what brush were you interested in? i have loads of mac brushes so i could let you know my feelings on it, perhaps getting opinions from us Specktra guys will help!

I was thinking of getting the 217. How do you like it? Also, I have the 222 and I really like it. How does it compare to that if you have it?

Junkie

217 is amazing to have on its own, especially if you're just starting out with MAC brushes.

LMD84

Quote:
I was thinking of getting the 217. How do you like it? Also, I have the 222 and I really like it. How does it compare to that if you have it?

i have multiples of the 217 because i like it so much! now i only recently got the 222 about a month ago. and i do like it but prefer the 217. i generally use the 217 for not only applying shadows and pigments, but for applying cream products and blending items like the grease paint sticks. also because the brush is fluffy it means you can use it as a blending brush as well as a crease brush! i love the 217 almost as much as i love the 239!
smiles.gif

Folie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
217 is amazing to have on its own, especially if you're just starting out with MAC brushes.

I'm not new, but if a newbie would like it it must be a good brush.

Folie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
i have multiples of the 217 because i like it so much! now i only recently got the 222 about a month ago. and i do like it but prefer the 217. i generally use the 217 for not only applying shadows and pigments, but for applying cream products and blending items like the grease paint sticks. also because the brush is fluffy it means you can use it as a blending brush as well as a crease brush! i love the 217 almost as much as i love the 239!
smiles.gif

I forgot the 217 applies creams, too. I usually use the 242 for that, but it would be nice to have another brush for creams. Sounds like you love it a lot. Size wise is a lot bigger than the 222? I find the 222 a lot smaller than the 224 and I have small eyes.

erine1881

Quote:
I forgot the 217 applies creams, too. I usually use the 242 for that, but it would be nice to have another brush for creams. Sounds like you love it a lot. Size wise is a lot bigger than the 222? I find the 222 a lot smaller than the 224 and I have small eyes.

the 217 is a must!!! i have a bajillion of them. its great for blending, and i always use it to apply crease/outer corner colours. its also great for concealer application under the eyes and for a light layer of paint pot on the lid.

size-wise it falls in between the 222 and 224. its shorter than the 222, but its dome is bigger than the 222, but smaller than the 224.

all i can say is, ya gotta get it!!!

LMD84

Quote:

Quote:

the 217 is a must!!! i have a bajillion of them. its great for blending, and i always use it to apply crease/outer corner colours. its also great for concealer application under the eyes and for a light layer of paint pot on the lid.

size-wise it falls in between the 222 and 224. its shorter than the 222, but its dome is bigger than the 222, but smaller than the 224.

all i can say is, ya gotta get it!!!

yup i agree with Erin
yes.gif
shorter than the 222 but fluffier. i really do love this brush and use it on a daily basis! some brushes i don't use too often, but that's not the case with this one!
smiles.gif

InspiredBlue

The 217 is a great brush. And since it's not one of the bigger more expensive brushes, I don't think you need to worry that much about it.

Latest posts