used makeup

alwaysbella

how do you desinfect used makeup? when used in someone else or bought from someone....
th_dunno.gif

MACATTAK

Lipsticks are easy. I just follow what Mac does and dip them in alcohol. Shadows I just lightly go over the top with some alcohol as well.

erine1881

lipsticks - dip in alcohol and wipe with a tissue

pressed powders/cream products - wipe top layer with a tissue

any other product can not be sanitized.

stacylynne

shadows & blush - wipe w/ a tissue
lipsticks - dip in alchol
pencils - break the tip off & re sharpen
I would avoid buying used l/g & mascara
clean brushes with baby shampoo, if a lip brush can clean with olive oil to get all the waxy residue out & then follow with baby shampoo

SkylarV217

Tea tree oil. It disinfects foundations (1 drop) and other liquid items. I also use it to clean lipgloss wands . A small sprayer mixed with alcohol and water to spray lipsticks. MAscara is treated with hot water and brush should be cleaned off as well. In our excitement to try new stuff. Wait, clean first. don't take anyones word, that it is sanitized.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217
Tea tree oil. It disinfects foundations (1 drop) and other liquid items. I also use it to clean lipgloss wands . A small sprayer mixed with alcohol and water to spray lipsticks. MAscara is treated with hot water and brush should be cleaned off as well. In our excitement to try new stuff. Wait, clean first. don't take anyones word, that it is sanitized.

you can't sanitize lipgloss or mascara. cleaning the wand does nothing to the product in the tube. don't use any opened lipgloss or mascara. period! unless of course you want pink eye or herpes.
sick.gif

Blushbaby

Where do you buy the alcohol from? I take it it's special alcohol and you're not using a can of beer???

SkylarV217

You can purchase rubbing alcohol in any drug store or grocery store, it's typically with the meds or in the first aid

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
you can't sanitize lipgloss or mascara. cleaning the wand does nothing to the product in the tube. don't use any opened lipgloss or mascara. period! unless of course you want pink eye or herpes.
sick.gif

I found that online and was mainly posting for the foundation ... I refuse to use mascara or lipglosses with wands from other people, but some people don't have a problem with it and nothing you can say will stop them.

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
Where do you buy the alcohol from? I take it it's special alcohol and you're not using a can of beer???

I bought this from the pharmacy. It's 64% alcohol but you can buy rubbing alcohol with higher alcohol %.

Isocol.jpg

Paramnesia

Methylated spirits (alcohol) which should be available in hardware stores or even the supermarket. We've always had metho in our household lol. It's great on the odd pimple though don't use it regularly that would really dehydrate your skin. Also used to get rid of smelly feet (my mum uses it for that).

Latest posts