Username change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I searched and found one post and wasn't sure if I should piggy back on that post or start my own.(obviously I chose the second)

I would like to change my user name , due to a few other people on the site having almost the exact one, and I also didn't realize when I made it.. that I was going to have to remember where the X's and dashes all went..

I've sent a few P.Ms, starting about 2 months ago, but I haven't gotten a response . I don't know if you have to be a certain type of member to do this or not. I have noticed a few members with username changes though. Thank you in advance!

Janice

We do not encourage name changes, please choose a name you want to stick with at registration. It's in the site TOS.

Juneplum

As Janice said, user names are not just changed. There are few exceptions such as inexperienced new members who accidentally used their first and last names, or their email address as user names.

gigglegirl

Is your concern about your username due to trying to enter say the giveaway contests? Perhaps since you're probably stuck with this username unless you create a new account, you could just write it out on a notepad simple text document, save it to your desktop for quick copy and paste.

If the concern is for logging in, on my home computer I just have my username and password and clicked the box "remember me" so that I don't have to log in each time. (Not advisable if this computer is shared, but if its just you using it at your house, I don't see that being much issue).

MxAxC-_ATTACK

oh, thank you Ill just create a new user name I guess. Thanks! I was only hoping to keep all my old posts and stuff too. Oh well no big deal, I only said I wanted to change it because a lot of other members have almost the same exact name. I had just seen a few other members had done it. I suggest if you let a few do it, you should let others as well.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
Again, please refer to the TOS
28) Username/Account
Each member of specktra.net may have no more than one username/account. If you have trouble with your log-in or password, contact the website. Multiple accounts will be merged into one username account.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

yeah, I got it, you do have to be a certain type of member to change your user name.

thanks for the help! its greatly appreciated.

Shimmer

There's not a certain "type", there were exceptions made based on criteria previously listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.