using 2 different shades of foundation

HoneyDip

hi everybody. i seen a couplea girls on youtube using two shades of liquid foundation, one that matches the skintone..and another darker color to contour. it looks so naturally so i thought i'd give it a try.. can anybody tell me how many shades darker the contour color should be? im round a NC35 most of the year (give and take) wearin Revlon Colorstay foundation in warm golden. Im thankful for any advice on application/brushes too.

Thanks everybody!! =)

TISH1124

I always just go one full shade darker...I am NC45 I use NC50 when I contour with foundation

chynegal

i am a nc45 and i wanted to contour my face. so a mua at the mac store told me to use the select cover up concealer in nw 45 to contour it its a little bit cheaper than buy a whole new condation

chynegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
I always just go one full shade darker...I am NC45 I use NC50 when I contour with foundation

you a nc 45? in my compact im a nc 35 but in my foundation im a nc 45 and to me it makes me to yellow so i add my concealer to it to make me look more tan

nichollecaren

that suggests that its not ur shade!
th_confused_new.gif
nope.gif

chynegal

i just rememberd i got that foundation when i was tan so no when i tried it on the back oh my hand it looks super yellowish/organge i need to go to a pro store and get matched up

User38

for liquid or cream foundation, I go one shade darker... if not, I use a sculpting powder -- especially for oilier skins.

HoneyDip

hey everybody, thanks for all the helpful recs. the idea of using a concealer to contour is great.. imma try that out. another question..if you're in the NC range, should you stay with your undertone, but just go a shade or two darker or would an NW look even better? what would you suggest?

ForgetRegret

I would be careful of going NW if you're an NC...going NC if you're NW MIGHT be ok, but I know if I try wearing an NW foundation (I'm an NC), I turn orange. Not a cute look...I'm not trying to look like a well-contoured pumpkin.
greengrin.gif