Using dry skin formulas on oily skin

Superkaz

Hey everyone.

Just wondering if it was highly recommended against using the dry skin formulas on oily skin. Its not super oily but i wanted something with sheer coverage so have been eyeing off the nars sheer glow but noticed it is suited for dry skin.
Should i get the Sheer matte?

Thanks in advance

Also, I am a NW40 and was wondering which Nars colour would be a suitable match.

LC

For liquid foundations it does matter. The sheer glow might look nice and dewy and more appealing than the sheer matte, but after an hour or so, that mixed with your natural oils is going to be way too much. If you say you're not too oily, then you might want to just go to the counter and get matched up with it so you can see how your skin does with it during the day.

On the other hand, the sheer matte might be a little too mattifying if you're skin isn't oily enough. If they give out samples, I'd snag one of each kind. I think you're best best would be one that's middle of the road, for normal skin type.

LC

also based off your signature pictures it looks like nars medium dark 3 is going to be the closest thing to nw40.....*sigh* no one has a color range like MAC does, shame shame

DollyGirl92

I think it would be okay, alot of gurus on youtube use sheer glow who have oily skin so you'd most likely be fine!
I'm also thinking cádiz (medium dark 3) is going to be your best match, maybe even Macao might work.

Caderas

i think it depends on how oily your skin gets (and of course the season!). i use Revlon Colorstay's dry/normal formula for my skin and i go inbetween normal and oily skin instead! i love it for the dewy look also, and it works pretty well for me! i would also consider if you think that formula will clog your pores or not too!

noahlowryfan

how do you know if you have oily skin? i don't have to put moisturizer on my face after washing it with cleanser. do i have oily or normal skin?

LC

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
how do you know if you have oily skin? i don't have to put moisturizer on my face after washing it with cleanser. do i have oily or normal skin?

you will see the presence of oil after a couple hours of washing your face. you will probably see it on your forehead, inner parts of your cheeks, and you chin. If you don't see it, then you just have normal skin

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baci
you will see the presence of oil after a couple hours of washing your face. you will probably see it on your forehead, inner parts of your cheeks, and you chin. If you don't see it, then you just have normal skin

thanks.

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superkaz
Hey everyone.

Just wondering if it was highly recommended against using the dry skin formulas on oily skin. Its not super oily but i wanted something with sheer coverage so have been eyeing off the nars sheer glow but noticed it is suited for dry skin.
Should i get the Sheer matte?

Thanks in advance

Also, I am a NW40 and was wondering which Nars colour would be a suitable match.

IIRC TiffanyD on YouTube is using this and she made a video about it where she talked about how she has more oily-ish skin, but it works well for her anyway. So maybe look on her channel.

MizzMelroseMood

Cadiz looks like a perfect match. I would go for sheer matte though if u have really oily skin, sheer glow might clog ur pores and cause breakouts.