Using lipsticks on clients?

madame_morbid

This should have been covered during your training...I see so many girls asking this and can't think why they've not already been taught this (not your fault if it hasn't btw), but you should be dispensing your lipsticks into a palette then using a sanitised metal spatula/disposable plastic spatula to remove a small portion to a clean artists palette, or if you like to keep your lipsticks in the tube again just removing a portion to a palette with a spatula. Never use your lip brush to dip into your products...you are right in thinking that it is unsanitary.

Hope that helps
thmbup.gif

effboysinthebut

At counter we dip the lipsticks in alcohol and wipe them.

But if you choose to mush half into a pallette definately use a spatula to take it out, or you'll contaminate the L/S in the palette.

Amaranth

I agree with the spatula. I actually save old depotted MAC eyeshadow containers and squish some lipstick in there for my own use. The rest of the tube, I clean with alcohol after every use and use a spatula to scoop some out, then I touch the brush to the product on the spatula all I want since it's just going in the garbage later. Which also makes it a good idea to scoop tiny bits at a time, so you don't waste a huge amount each time you use a lipstick. Just make sure you either dip the spatula in alcohol or get a new one each time you go to scoop up more product (if you didn't get enough the first time).