using my new violet and cobalt smudgepots!

mariserinb

okay...so clearly i need some photography tips. what looks super bright and vivid in the mirror doesn't look as amazing in pictures! you can't really tell in the pics, but it goes from violet at the outside, to cobalt, to light blue, to white in the inner lid. i swear it looks cool in person
smiles.gif

also, it appears as if now that i made my hair reddish, my eyebrow powder looks reddish, too. so the question is: do i fill in the whole brow with that color? or do i just switch to a more ashy/cool toned one that won't stand out?

and does anyone have tips for stila smudgepots? because i couldn't blend them at all, and then they turned all crunchy and flaky when they dried
ssad.gif

i used:
stila smudgepot in violet
stila smudgepot in cobalt clutch
nyx ultra pearl mania in baby blue
nyx ultra pearl mania in white pearl
fluidline in blacktrack
ud 24/7 pencil in ransom
nyx jumbo e/s pencil in cottage cheese
nyx jumbo e/s pencil in baby blue

nyx blush in pinky
nyx mosaic powder in rosey

lavender whip lipstick
nars turkish delight gloss

isn't my petunia adorable???

Tsunami Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariserinb
that's the problem! i put them on and then they wouldn't blend!!
ssad.gif

What kind of brush are you using?

mariserinb

well i tried a few....a small shading brush from sephora and a 239 and then a more flat brush. nothing would do it. once i got the smudgepot on it just dried up and wouldn't budge....which i guess is good if i want to use it for eyeliner! maybe a 224 would put it on more softly?

mariserinb

oh and highlight didn't show up in pics. i think i just have terrible lighting i need to work on that.

Tsunami Rose

Try a round crease brush loaded with a little bit of color and using a windshield wiper motion place it on your crease. Then apply your highlight and blend down, with a fluffy e/s brush.

L1LMAMAJ

pretty colors!
smiles.gif
i always have a hard time with my camera settings too. if only ppl can see it in person, i'm sure it was stunning!

Latest posts