valentine gift ideas?

pretty_melody

I have no idea what to get my bf for valentines day. I wanna get him something nice that he likes but he says he doesn't need anything. We've been together for 3 1/2 years

JennsJewelz

I did this for our one-year anniversary, and my boyfriend loves it - it takes quite a while though, so if you like the idea you might want to get started!

I bought a nice, black box , and inside I put in 365 little scrolls - one for every day of the year. I had typed up each one, cut them, then rolled them around a pencil and tied them with coloured string. The whole process probably took me over 12 hours, maybe even more from the writing/research, printing, cutting, rolling and tying!

I had 150 reasons why I love him, 150 snippets of love poems, letters, songs, quotes etc., 30 wishes I had for us, 30 of our goals as a couple, and 5 love coupons with special things, mostly for the bedroom (
blush-anim-cl.gif
) that he could redeem. You could choose your own number for each type, though, or come up with your own. They were all colour coded with ribbon, so he could see what kind he was opening. We pick a bunch to open together every once in a while, although you could also have him open one every day. He was so touched, and whenever he has a bad day he picks one out to make him smile. Some examples of what I wrote:

Reasons why I love him:

I love you because you are so loving and supportive
I love you because you always know how and when to make me laugh
I love you because you put your heart and soul into everything you do

Love Poetry:

Ever mine, ever thine, ever ours - Beethoven
Love is a game that two can play and both win - Eva Gabor
Do I love you because you're beautiful, or are you beautiful because I love you? - Rodgers & Hammerstein, Cinderella

Wishes:

I wish I could replay our first kiss over and over again

Goals:

I would like for us to perform together one day

Etc. The Love Coupons could be things like a romantic evening together, a massage, control of the remote, whatever you'd like :) Some of the things I wrote were sweet, sappy and lovey dovey, while others were funny. I had lots of inside jokes in there!

If your looking for something not so time consuming but equally as nice, invest in a nice digital frame (you can get decent ones for anywhere between $50 and $100, or more if you want to get really fancy) and fill it with your favourite pictures together. :)

Hope that gives you some inspiration! :)

dxgirly

hahaha. You're so much more creative than I am Jenn. I've been with my boy for almost 5 years, and all I got him for Valentine's Day was a racing PS3 game. He DID love it, but I think he's just easy to please
cutey.gif

JennsJewelz

Lol, I think this Valentine's day Jerome's getting DJ equipment and chocolates, so it's not all like that! :p

Ridingcrops

Hm. I would always get her things like sexy high heels she loved to wear or nice sseamed stockings in all colors or some nice lingerie. Funny thing is she got me the same thing so she could wear it for me. LOL

Latest posts