Value of LE items? Please help!

angi

Sexier lipgloss is pretty hard to come by, if it's still good (as it's getting pretty old now!)

In terms of the MSFs Petticoat won't go for much more than retail as it's pretty easy to come by, and I think, part of the permament mineralised rotation.

Stereo rose is being repromoted in one of the summer collections, so again, people may hold out for this if it's a large amount over retail.

Metal rock is much sought after. I saw one sell for about $85 recently.

And the pink 239 you should be able to sell for a bit too. There's always people looking for them, but they hardly ever get sold!

Kirsty

The pigments you have aren't that rare, especially as there are some that are part of the permanent range. However, you may be able to ask slighty over retail as MAC just introduced smaller jars for the same price. The shadesticks you have aren't really sought after & are quite easy to come by.

Bunny Pink, Glittercream, Blue Boy, Sexier, Metal Rock msf, 239 brush are going to be your "big earners" some quads might be too, but im not well informed about them. (they have never really interested me)

I just pm'd you on MUA regarding the 239 brush, then found this thread. How odd
winks.gif

kiwicleopatra

Thanks girls! Kirsty, which pigments are part of the original line now? I thought those were all LE. (Oh no! more research to do than I thought! haha)

panda0410

Kitchmas BN Original. ~ perm
Gold Dusk BN ~ LE recently re-released in xmas set as a vial
Accent Red BN ~ LE
Goldenaire BN ~ LE
Mutiny BN ~ LE
Entremauve BN ~ LE

You should fetch a reasonable price for the Gold Dusk, Goldenaire and Entremauve. The Mutiny and Kitchmas prob wont be much avove current retail. The Accent Red is LE, anyones guess as to what you will get for it, its not as hugely demanded as others and heavily counterfeited, dont be surprised if people ask for pics of this and Goldenaire in particular, both are mass faked
ssad.gif

kiwicleopatra

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Gold Dusk BN ~ LE recently re-released in xmas set as a vial

You should fetch a reasonable price for the Gold Dusk, Goldenaire and Entremauve. The Mutiny and Kitchmas prob wont be much avove current retail. The Accent Red is LE, anyones guess as to what you will get for it, its not as hugely demanded as others and heavily counterfeited, dont be surprised if people ask for pics of this and Goldenaire in particular, both are mass faked
ssad.gif

oooh, I'd love the vial size. Thanks for the information! Damn those Mac counterfeiters! They've popped up on our countries version of ebay and are making a mint since most women don't seem MAC (or really makeup) savvy here. I never mind taking pictures and answering questions so that should be no problem
smiles.gif
Thanks so much again!

LMD84

i imagine that the playboy glittercream would get a decent amount. people are always after the playboy range! as well as your diana ross beauty powder and brush
smiles.gif

Turbokittykat

I'm in a similar situation. I have loads of older, long d/c items to sell, many of which are still BNIB and I haven't much of an idea what things are worth. I also have to contend with having paid UK prices for most of it, but needing to set realistic sale prices but (hopefully) without taking a loss (or too much of a loss). MAC was such a huge part of my life and even though the worst part of my addiction is over, I couldn't bear to feel I was 'giving' my collection away.

I'd think Icebox e/s would do quite well. It was quite sought after a few years back and it's a pretty shadow.

kiwicleopatra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokittykat
I'm in a similar situation. I have loads of older, long d/c items to sell, many of which are still BNIB and I haven't much of an idea what things are worth. I also have to contend with having paid UK prices for most of it, but needing to set realistic sale prices but (hopefully) without taking a loss (or too much of a loss). MAC was such a huge part of my life and even though the worst part of my addiction is over, I couldn't bear to feel I was 'giving' my collection away.

I know what you mean, I'm paying New Zealand prices. We don't exactly get the same deal as US, and then I've had people saying they're only interested in swapping or paying CCO prices... Which, hey, if you can get it for that, be my guest. I wish I had access to one of those to buy mine from! It seems the MAC collecting fad is over. I have so much promo gear too (jewerly, shirts, posters, postcards) which I bought high compared to how low it is now. If anything of mine matches your's, PM me and I'll tell you the range of offers. Or PM me with a list anyway, I might have an idea since I'm doing a lot of research on current prices.

Quote:
I'd think Icebox e/s would do quite well. It was quite sought after a few years back and it's a pretty shadow.

It is! But I haven't had one request for it. Which might be a sign from the universe to keep the pretty colour. Bwahahaha
winks.gif

purrtykitty

I think a good strategy would be to use e-Bay and do sale thread searches here to find the value of items. Several items you have will go for a pretty penny, and most of your lightly used or BN should go for retail or slightly under.

Latest posts