Vanilla pigment vs. Silver Dusk iridescent powder

LoveMU

Hi!

I'm new to this site, and I think I accidently posted this on a closed forum, oops!

Anyway, I have iridescent loose powder in silver dusk that I use as a highlighter and I mix it with foundation sometimes. i was thinking of getting Vanilla pigment which I heard is great for this. Which do you prefer?

Thank u!

mariecinder

I like Vanilla pigment just because you can use it for so many things, eyeshadow, highlighter, you can mix it with your charged water for a nice glow, and tons of other things!

Kiseki

I definitely would prefer Vanilla pigment, considering that Silver Dusk is too much of of a metallic sheen.

daniellefc

Vanilla, definitely. I agree it has so many other uses too but it is an absolutely gorgeous highlight.

LoveMU

Yeah, I always thought the iridescent powder was a bit metallic! hahaha! I'm looking forward to trying vanilla pigment, it sounds awesome

ritchieramone

I have yet to find a good use for Silver Dusk - it's too over the top for me, even when applied sparingly. I think Vanilla is far easier to work with and more versatile (but as my sister borrowed it months ago and is showing no signs of giving it back, I can't use it anyway!).

LoveMU

yeah, I know, it is so tough for me to find a use for it that i think really works. like i use it to highlight my cheekbones and i feel like it's a little too glittery and doesn't look natural. I also use it for my body sometimes, but the glitter is definitely very noticeable in natural light!

User49

I LOVE Silver Dusk! I rarely use Vanilla, it has no shimmer, no pop, it's too matte! I'd pick silver dusk every single time!!

candycane80

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitternmyveins
I LOVE Silver Dusk! I rarely use Vanilla, it has no shimmer, no pop, it's too matte! I'd pick silver dusk every single time!!

I totally agree, I know so many people love Vanilla, but I find the color to be strange. You can always tone down the shimmer of Silver Dusk by mixing a small amount of it with a larger amount of loose, translucent powder.