Vanilla Pigment vs Vanilla e/s????

xtinemelanie

I have Vanilla e/s and notice that a lot of you MAC lovahs have/love Vanilla pigment as well..

Are they any different, like texture or color?:confused:

cloverette

they are different colors. the e/s is more white-y & a bit chalk-y. the pigment is very versatile, and has a bit of a golden/peachy shimmer to it.
i used to use the e/s as a wash/base, and i use the pigment as a highlighter- have yet to try it with a lip balm or gloss.

lianna

Yes they are very different in terms of colour and texture.

Vanilla pigment is a shimmery cream colour with pink/peach iridescence and is quite an intense colour, like all pigments but can be sheered down easily. It's great as a highlighter, for blush, for lips and eyes and it's one of the most versatile and gorgeous pigments around.

Vanilla e/s is more ordinary though. It's a pale cream/beige eyeshadow with little silver glitter. It's pretty subtle and makes a decent highlighter or base eyeshadow but it's not all that special and is frankly a dime a dozen, there are countless other eyeshadows that seem similar to it. In terms of texture it's not the best of eyeshadows and it doesn't show up that well, not like the VPs or Frosts.

Summer

Vanilla shadow to me is a cream french vanilla color. Goes on matte with no shine in it. I am working on the edges of my 2nd pan and I just bought my 3rd pan for replacement. Gives a classic look. Love this.

Vanilla pigment is glowy/goldish shimmery color. Best to use as a highlight. Not a shadow in my opinion.

It depends on what look you are looking for.