vanity from a little computer desk

nursie

my 15 year old daughter just started regularly wearing makeup, and i saw her hunched over on her bed trying to see her face in a tiny mirror....soooo, i LOVE MissChevious' ikea MALM dressing table, but there is no ikea store near me and it would be $230 shipping and handling to order it online
thmbdn.gif

soooo, i searched around to find something that would fit in the tight quarters of her room, but then i realized from threads here that her computer desk she already had in her room could work (she keeps her laptop downstairs and does homework at the kitchen table anyway, so the desk was just a catchall in her room)

so, thanks to all of you that posted pics of your vanities so i could carve out a little place for her.....and she definately has more makeup at 15 than i had at proably even 25! and thanks to coastal scents for having brushes cheap enough that i could get her a good collection
smiles.gif

PICT0001-9.jpg

this is a desk organizer i found at TJMaxx, works perfect for makeup:
PICT0002-3.jpg

her lipglosses were ALL over the room, i hope they stay here now:
PICT0003-3.jpg

she doesnt like liquid foundation, milani pressed mineral makeup has been perfect:
PICT0004-3.jpg

brushes kept handy, i did that enKore brush holder thing with big beads:
PICT0005-7.jpg

all her eyeshadows are kept just beside the desk in this little plastic thing:
PICT0006-4.jpg

PICT0007-3.jpg

PICT0008-5.jpg

PICT0009-3.jpg

PICT0010-2.jpg

thanks for looking!

M.A.C. head.

Can anyone sayyy...

COOLEST FREAKING MOM EVER?!?!?!!?!?!

LOL That is so awesome. I hope I'm this creative when my daughter hits that age.

GlossyAbby

wow it looks great! She has a lot of make up. Good for her.... I dream of the day my daughter turns 15 (she is 3) and I get to take her to the mac counter and buy her first make up
smiles.gif

eye_pr0mise

the award for coolest mom ever goes to you hehe.
i love how you made the most of the space you had.
great job!!

urbanlilyfairy

That is soo nice ..I would have loved an area like that when I was her age hehe ...Good thing you didn't go with that Malm table its beautiful but I just saw it in person here at the Ikea in Padova Italy ..and it is freaking HUUUUUGE and tall for a vanity ..its super long ..no way it would of fit in that space. I think you made a great choice the way you went..it looks great.

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratbc
Are you looking to adopt a 28 year old??? I come with an instant grandchild
smiles.gif

LOL! That just had me laughing SO hard!

nursie

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlilyfairy
That is soo nice ..I would have loved an area like that when I was her age hehe ...Good thing you didn't go with that Malm table its beautiful but I just saw it in person here at the Ikea in Padova Italy ..and it is freaking HUUUUUGE and tall for a vanity ..its super long ..no way it would of fit in that space. I think you made a great choice the way you went..it looks great.

oh im glad you said this! i just love that picture of the malm table, but now that i read the measurements it definately wouldnt fit....premade vanity tables are so expensive its ridiculous!

thank you everybody! im glad you like it
smiles.gif

TonyaB

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
Can anyone sayyy...

COOLEST FREAKING MOM EVER?!?!?!!?!?!

LOL That is so awesome. I hope I'm this creative when my daughter hits that age.

Hehe I was thinking the same thingg.
It looks great and very organized, nice job.