Vanity must haves and essentials?

kbrit08

Hey this is my first post
newhere.gif

Anyway, what are your vanity/beauty places must haves. Such as types of mirrors,drawers,shelves,chairs,stools,lights,holde rs for your essentials like cotton buds etc, hygiene and sanitary stuff & products etc.what things you keep on top for easy access and which you put away.what products do you keep in it like hair,nails or is it JUST makeup,
And lastly what personal finishing touches do you have like candles,pictures and photos?
If you don’t have one you can always think of your dream one :p I need help with my new one I want to make it a place where I can get away from everything and everyone and have some ‘me’ time
tong.gif
also to practice makeup techniques and sanitary.and to do that I need some new ideas and inspiration!Thankyou so much

Also any UK stores and sites for bulk buys for wipes,cotton buds any other beauty essentials, traincases, nice storage boxes and holders would be appreciated a lot!

user79

Well, I just got one very recently but what I think is really important is good lighting. I'd place the vanity near a window so that you can have daylight in the mornings (depending on season and what time you get up), and also some good spotlights that you can aim at your face.

I keep my brushes and frequent use stuff right on top of the vanity, but all my actual makeup products I keep in the drawer. I used little plastic containers for organizing inside according to product (i.e. eyeshadows, lipsticks, blushes, etc.) I don't like to keep too much stuff standing at the top because it just collects more dust than if it's neatly tucked away. I only keep makeup in mine, I prefer to do my hair in the bathroom, my nail stuff is in the fridge (except for a new nail files I keep in the vanity.)

For mirror, I really like the ones I have, it has one part against the wall, and two panels that swivel out, it's good for seeing your makeup from different angles and for getting a mirror really close to your face for detail work.

I posted a pic of my setup here: http://specktra.net/f239/my-makeup-h...-vanity-90816/

For decorations I like to keep it simple, I don't want to fill it up with lots of junk, but I might get one of the Fafi dolls just because I think they're cute.
smiles.gif

I still need to get a nice chair for mine, right now I'm using an adjustable office chair, but I think it's important to have one that is exactly the right height, you don't have to be down too low because then your elbows will be up, and if it's too high it will cause you to hunker down and just not be comfortable.

kbrit08

Thanks so much!thats exactly what i was looking for
smiles.gif
and yep i've already seen yours its beautiful,so far mines just a table with the large thin draw at the top and a bigger one down one side lol.i was thinking of putting a few box shelves to one side on the wall and put my 3 mac cards and other dec's related to makeup and fashion [im a fashion student] to make it more personal to me.have you seen any mirrors similar sized to yours?ikea doesnt do home deliv on the nice ones
ssad.gif
x