Vegas Volt - Is this fake?

urshz

Hello everybody!

I have recently purchased MAC Vegas Volt, that has been on my wishlist for quite some time.
I have finally received it today.

The lipstick itself is really nice, it has nice soft vanilla scent, MAC writing on the case is all perfect, the box, everything.

But there is a little thing that worries me

If you take closer look at the batch number you notice 1 is quite a bit shorter than A and B.
Is that normal?

If I compare my picture (above) to the one I found on some blog, you can notice the difference:
The batch code on picture from the blog is also more "centered"
Picture from the blog:

Strangely enough I found another blog, where the picture of a batch code seems somehow
a bit more like mine:

You can notice V from "Vegas Volt" is missing, AB1 is not as centered as on the picture above, and 1 appears
to be a bit shorter like on my lipstick.
Is that normal?
The blogger said she purchased it directly from the MAC shop.

Please ladies help

Thanks in advance,

Urs

I think it looks ok MAC isn't always perfect like some people think it should be I've had stuff bought from the mac store that seems a little off centred or wonky labels. Where did you purchase this from?

Merula

The label on my VV at this point is almost completed faded, as well as the batch number. I also have a few of them where the name is off-center. If it's vanilla scented it should be legit, but the only experience I have of counterfit MAC are from swapmeets. Are the MAC letters on the cap grooved in or smooth ink?

andabri

All of what has already been said. I recently bought a watch me simmer and I wanted to be sure it was a real one so I looked up tons of pictures, and you know what, the text of "watch me simmer" on the label varied greatly from thin lettering to thick (but the pictures of the blogs were written in the days right after the release, by either established bloggers or people who had hauled a bunch of stuff from the collection) so I knew the different versions were real.

I think what will really tell you is if it has a true MAC vanilla smell. If the compact is the same shape and size as other lipsticks and has the glitter flecked bottom. And if it was unused the shape of the bullet tip, because while ink can smear, a mold stays the same shape and will not vary. And as Merula said, if the engravings are real, and the shape of the MAC letters is right.

urshz

Yeah the bottom is fine, it was unused and it had the shape of the bullet tip.
MAC is "engraved" on the case, I tried to scratch it off but it doesn't come off.
Lipstick smells of vanilla...

I guess I was just worrying to much, because I have ordered it from another blogger and wasn't sure of it's authenticity.

Thanks everybody!

Love,

Urs

andabri

Yeah the bottom is fine, it was unused and it had the shape of the bullet tip.
MAC is "engraved" on the case, I tried to scratch it off but it doesn't come off.
Lipstick smells of vanilla...

I guess I was just worrying to much, because I have ordered it from another blogger and wasn't sure of it's authenticity.

Thanks everybody!

Love,

Urs
No it's good to worry. MAC fakes are getting so good now. Better to double check and be sure

urshz

Yeah, that's why I asked.
It is always nice to have somebody to give second opinion:)

You will be certainly hearing from me more in the future, because I have only started using MAC products
and am not very experienced how to spot fakes/real ones.

We all have to start somewhere.

andabri

Yeah, that's why I asked.
It is always nice to have somebody to give second opinion:)

You will be certainly hearing from me more in the future, because I have only started using MAC products
and am not very experienced how to spot fakes/real ones.

We all have to start somewhere.
Great attitude! I myself am just starting to buy MAC again, but that is after going from being a fanatic, to hardly buying it for a good number of years, and now buying it again.

missjoe

Ah! Hi urshz! I'm actually the one that sold this to you on my blogsale a few weeks back. It is real, but I love that there are places like this available to help authenticate these things when you are unsure. I was browsing ebay today and there is just so much fake MAC on there anymore. That's why I decided to sell off my product closet through a blogsale rather than ebay actually.

I hope you are liking it! It's such a pretty color. I just have too much lipstick already...sigh...

urshz

Hello dear!

I really hope you don't mind I have asked here:)
Like I said, I am quite new to the MAC, and only way for me to order ANYTHING from MAC is over internet.
Unfortunatelly there is no MAC shop where I live, and buying over internet there is always a risk factor, that stuff isn't real.
This was actually my first MAC lipstick aswell and I had nothing from MAC to compare it to.
Because I don't know "blogsale" and specktra community that well either, I don't know who are the people you can trust.

I can't tell you how happy I am I have ordered from you. The only thing that was bugging me was that batch code, but otherwise everything is just perfect.
I am loving this lipstick soooooo much and I am so happy I have purchased it from you and hope to buy from you more in future:)

I just hope you didn't take this personally...

Love,

Urska
xx

Latest posts