Velour..two different ones?

MACgirl

I was wondering if there was ever two different velour eyeshadows, i know the one in one of the natrually eccentric palettes and was once in mac perm range! i have the shadow disc. list and it lists two velours have been disc. like this

velour, disc. march 2000, shade sub is crysal with aria eyeshadows (must have some sort of frost or satin)
velour, disc. aug. 2004, shade sub. is dovefeather (im assuming this one was i nthe quad and the disc. for the perm range one)

SquirrelQueen

I have the second Velour and am surprised that Dovefeather is considered a substitute. On me (NW15-20) Velour is light grey, maybe with a hint of brown, whereas Dovefeather is a lavendar grey with no brown at all.

Can't help re: the first Velour because I wasn't into MAC at the time.

MAC_Whore

Velour and Aria: The reason Dovefeather probably replaced Aria as the dupe is because Aria was DCd.

Velour and Dovefeather: They really aren't super close, but it was probably the closest match in the permanent line at the time. Dovefeather is pretty purple compared Velour. To be honest an almost spot-on match is Behold. I don't know why they didn't suggest it instead. It's much closer than Dovefeather. I can't recall the timeline though. Perhaps Behold had already been DCd.

The old pot-form Velour and the Velour in the Inventive Eyes quad are the same.

Latest posts