Veluxe Shadows

GoldieLox

Hi everyone. I've never posted on here but i've been a member for awhile.

I was wondering what you guys thought of the veluxe shadows. I personally have had difficulty applying them. I think it is just my skin or something because whenever i apply them to my eyes they don't show up well and end up looking too soft and not really showing up at all. The melton mauve one makes me look like i have pink eye.

But when i put them on other people they seem to be ok. I have used them on my sister, cousin, and friends little sister for her 8th grade dance. and it turned out pretty on all 3 of them. thats why i think its just me.

Any advice on how to make them stand out more and how to make them look like the do in the pot on your eyes.

Janice

Hi Goldielox! A big welcome for making your first post!
greengrin.gif

I <3 Veluxes! You are right though, some shades are difficult to apply. Are you using a base on you lids when you apply them? Have you tried using them wet?

I like to use melton mauve with a stiff eyeshadow brush. I rub the brush (bristles) over the top of the eyeshadow briskly a couple times to create a nice layer of powder on the brush, tamp the excess off, then apply. I HTH some.

charms23

Do you use a base for them? That's what I always do and they turn out pretty good. I use either Stilife paint or Beige-ing shadestick. Good luck!

mspixieears

Interesting, veluxe eyeshadows are one of the few textures I have very little problems with, I don't need to use a base for them, often.

I do recommend wiping your eyelids gently with toner and letting dry before applying them, they seem to like that matte, non-sticky surface (I have slightly oily lids, which only get oilier when wearing makeup).

I pat my brush into the pigment very lightly, and pat onto eyelid till brush comes away and you can see the pigmented powder is gone. When I use 'wiping' strokes, I try to make sure they are very light and very short.

I hope this helps you a little!

coma_white

I love veluxe shadows! I've never had any difficulty applying them - I always wet my brush before application, and they always yield vibrant, intense results.
smiles.gif

GoldieLox

Yah i usually use stillife as my base. either that or the luna cream base. but i dunno i think im just retarded or something.

coma whites idea about wetting your brush is interesting but i would think that would ruin the shadow. my friend at mac had told me to do that before but i never understood just how that worked.

i will also try the shadestick. i dont have any but s lot of people seem to like them.

i will try your ideas and just play around with it. : )

Thanks for your help!

Latest posts