Verizon Chocolate phone? Any one have it?

EmbalmerBabe

Well I have been with out a cell phone for a while now and I am back in the market looking for a new one.
This Chocolate phone looks interesting, and it looks like it could get pretty expensive too with the temptation to download songs
at 1.99 a pop.
If you have this phone do you like it?
Also I was wondering when you talk on it do you have to pop down the number keypad or can you just answer it and talk on it while
it's together?
Thankyou
wavey.gif

jerseygirl005

umm i don't know about how you talk on it, but my boyfriend's sister has it and she says that if you don't lock it, since it has a touchscreen, it'll call people or do other things because it's so sensitive. she'll have it in her purse and it'll call people.

good luck!

eastsidesunset

I have one, and so far I've had no problems. I got the Krazr (which is shite by the way) and after four days took it back for the Chocolate. It's got great reception, and it's only dialed a number without me knowing it once. I don't bother to lock it because it's usually where I can see it anyway, so maybe that's why I haven't had that issue. The speaker phone does blow, so if you use that feature a lot, consider getting an earpiece (any bluetooth will work with it I've heard). It is sensitive, but you can change the sensitivity. What's weird is that the phone isn't supposed to dial without being open, so I don't understand how it can do it so often, haha. Other than that, I'm not going to act like the reason I bought it was because of all this...it's cute as hell, haha. I've never had a cute phone, much less anything that wasn't a Motorola, but I love it.

PS: Verizon has this thing, if you don't like the phone you can bring it back within a certain period of time (anywhere from two weeks to a month), so it's worth a shot.

blueyedlady87

i have one. and it sux! i wouldn't have gotten it if i'd been able try it out first.
ssad.gif

Cons-
-Touch buttons on the front are really sensitive, meaning it always does stuff you don't want it to, especially sending texts when your in the middle of it
-Yes it can play music, but you first have to buy a kit which is like $40-$50 in order to get it, and it does cost $2 bucks a pop
-Battery life kinda sux, i think music would take up even more
-Games are almost impossible to play due to the touch buttons
-Texting is hard b/c the buttons are really small and rectangular
-Mine seems to turn itself off sometimes randomly as well
-Can only have 100 text messages at a time (in the memory)

Pros-
-Awesome camera, 1.3 Megapixels
-Love the alarm and calendar features
-Cute sticker covers from VZ online (you can send in pics and they make a cover), for like $13
-phonebook lookup is nice

All in all, I was not happy at all. People tell me they love my phone, and I just say trust me, it sux!

slvrlips

I work for VZW and I was soooo excited to get this phone due to the different colors and stuff but, Once I got it I was a tad frustrated with how touch sensitive it is
It has a great camera and the mp3 player is cool but, if you really want a cool phone get the LG 9900 EN V hot hot hot
I would have gotten it if I had know
O btw I have the Strawberry Chocolate

franimal

I just bought this like an hour ago, but now I wish I would've read this post. I was looking online and the main complaint I read about it was the poor streaming video quality and the poor speaker quality. I was also a little disappointed that to download music from your computer you need a $40 kit that comes with headphones and the software for your computer. you also need a memory card to hold more than a few songs and that's like $25. I can give you an update after I try mine out for a bit.

Shimmer

My favorite phones thus far have been my Treo and my SLVR.
I don't use Verizon, because I think the service sucks.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

whatever you do, do not get a RAZR. I regret getting mine.

My most favorite and rugged phone in my life was my Nokia 3360 it became dated , so I got a new phone and every phone since then has just failed me after 6 or 7 months , or has just been crap all together.

MisStarrlight

I have this phone...it's not terrible, but it's not great either.

The best feature is definitely the camera-hands down the best camera on any phone I've ever owned.

The worst part is the key pad though, when I first got it, I was calling random people on accident all the time. Now I don't call people as much anymore, but it locks itself all the time when I don't want it to & a bunch of other random annoyances.

I don't use the MP3 player cause it's annoying (every time you start the player you have to reload all of the songs) & my memory card has each song on there twice & no matter how much I clear it & re-put all the songs on it, they are still on there twice.

And I don't text on it (have a Sidekick as well), but the few times I have, it has been a pain in the bum too.

I knew most of this before I bought the phone, but I got it anyways cause it's so damn cute (I have the Cherry), but if I were to use it as anything more than simply to make calls, I would have thrown it out the window by now.

EmbalmerBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrlips
I work for VZW and I was soooo excited to get this phone due to the different colors and stuff but, Once I got it I was a tad frustrated with how touch sensitive it is
It has a great camera and the mp3 player is cool but, if you really want a cool phone get the LG 9900 EN V hot hot hot
I would have gotten it if I had know
O btw I have the Strawberry Chocolate

Hey...I could not find the phone you recommend on verizonwireless.com
the
LG 9900 EN V
Do they only sell it in the stores?
Thankyou
smiles.gif

franimal

I keep hearing non-stop good things about the EN V, but the hype may be because it's new and it has the flippy typing board thingy? I think its too bulky for me. I got the cherry chocolate phone today, mostly cuz its cute. I think the controls are hard to use at first, but you get used to it. Also, with the heat sensitive controls, I found them very hard to use at first, but thankfully you can change the settings so their not as sensitive. It's way easier to use since then. This phone has great features, the camera is really awesome even better than my digital camera. I would just try one out and see if you like it because I feel like cell phones are very personal. my verizon gives me 30 days to try it so why not? HTH!!!

I think these may be the phones referred to before? maybe you couldn't find it on the verizon site b/c it's a new upgraded version? i really dont know:
http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Lg%20VX9...BHNsa wNlbGVj
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=2694

eastsidesunset

Honestly, I think if you buy the phone with the intention of it being a music player, you'll be dissappointed. You should find a phone that is first a great phone, and secondly a great player, camera, whatever. You're paying all that money for a phone, it might as well work right? haha.

I looked at the En V, but the front screen was too tiny for me to see anything. It's nice to be able to flip it to text, but it's not such a big selling point when you see how small the screen is on the outside. The Chocolate's screen is user friendly, and it's got so many features you should be able to find the right sensitivity for you. I have my sensitivity set on super high, and I barely have to touch my phone (which I like, but others might not) for it to do something. It's just like an IPOD, and if you treat it like one you won't have problems with it.

Hope you find the phone you love!

blueyedlady87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
My favorite phones thus far have been my Treo and my SLVR.
I don't use Verizon, because I think the service sucks.

OMG! Verizon service is stinkin AWFUL! I'm glad I'm not the only one. The only reason I have it is to be on my parents plan and thus not pay. Lol. I have nonstop dropped calls and unlike other networks on Verizon you have to pay a 'membership' fee to even download ringtones, or backgrounds, of even get on the net. So stupid. In my opinion, they are just money hungry, they don't care about the service. Once I have to pay my own cell phone bill, I'll switch to Att or Tmobil.

My fav. phone ever was this tiny Soni Ericson I had from Att (the original company, back before they quit and before they bought out Cingular. I want to say it was an A-900 or 990- something like that anyway! It was awesome. No dropped calls, fabulous phone, so cute, and the best games. it was before they had cameras on cellphones and all that, lol.

btw- my sister just got the Env and she likes it. personally, i think it's kind of bulky looking, and the front screen is tiny.

has anyone here tried the ocean from helio? you know that new company? i'm curious, it looks like a bitchin phone!

franimal

I have Verizon and they get the best service out of any other provider in my area. I think it just depends on where you live. what is the service fee you are talking about? I download ringtones all the time and I never noticed a monthly fee. I think maybe certain applications you have to pay for but the Verizon ones are always free.

blueyedlady87

Quote:
Originally Posted by franimal
I have Verizon and they get the best service out of any other provider in my area. I think it just depends on where you live. what is the service fee you are talking about? I download ringtones all the time and I never noticed a monthly fee. I think maybe certain applications you have to pay for but the Verizon ones are always free.

I live in a fairly big city a couple hours from LA (over a quater million people) so I should get decent coverage but I don't.
ssad.gif

About the service fee- when I go to my Get it now site, and i go to buy a ringtone it asks me if i want to subscribe, same for pic backgrounds. and subscribing costs $. i've never tried it past that because i don't want to pay. games i have no issues downloading, but then they're impossible to play cuz the friggin keypad is so sensitive (and mines on the sensitivity! lol).

i used to go on this website (i have forgotten the name) and for a $20 yearly charge you could send unlimited ringtones, graphics, and games to your phone. but guess who the only service provider was that wouldnt support it? ding-ding-ding! you guessed it, good ol vzw. on my old cingular phone i had like 100 ringtones, but i had to switch to vzw, and it wasn't comnpatable.

xsnowwhite

yeah i cant stand that phone its way too touch sensitive and it goes all over the place when you barely touch it.

EmbalmerBabe

I just ordered it yesterday. So we will see how I like it,Verizon lets you exchange it for a different phone within 30 days if you don't like it.
I heard Verizon has the best service. We will see.
It sucks that you have to sign a 2-yr.contract though.

Latest posts