Very Natural, Simple, Eyeshadow Look?

summerxdreams

hi everyone!
smiles.gif

i'm new to eye makeup in general, and i don't like looking like i have makeup on...
would it be possible to do a natural, simple, clean eyeshadow look that wouldn't look like i had makeup on but would open up my eyes a bit?

i'm asian with a medium skin tone (i'm medium beige in lumiere mineral makeup)

thanks for your help!

xsnowwhite

i tend to lean toward that style of makeup too!
Try one that is close to your skinetone but with a bit of shimmer. And curl the lashes and put on mascara, that alone will work wonders!
Oh & I use ULTA shadows in "lustre" and "pearl" as a highlight on the browbone and jsut those two colors alone make a world of difference!

Sorry idk what colors in mac would be good im not very familiar with their colors. Good luck!
smiles.gif

summerxdreams

Thanks for your help
smiles.gif

I don't have an ULTA anywhere near where I live, anyone have drugstore recommendations or MAC recommendations?

TIA!

xIxSkyDancerxIx

I don't have any MAC or drugstore recs, but I use Too Faced Bon Bon or UD Midnight Cowboy on my whole lid with some mascara and gloss.

xsnowwhite

ohh yeah i agree w/ midnight cowboy.
As far as mac...im guessing retrospeck e/s would be really pretty. Oh and shimmersand shade stick is really pretty and natural looking. I would suggest just going to the mac counter if you can and just play around with some neutrals. If you want a really simple look maybe just get 2 colors to start with. One for all over the lid and a lighter one for the inner corner and as a highlight on the browbone.
HTH!

tropical_smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerxdreams
hi everyone!
smiles.gif

i'm new to eye makeup in general, and i don't like looking like i have makeup on...
would it be possible to do a natural, simple, clean eyeshadow look that wouldn't look like i had makeup on but would open up my eyes a bit?

i'm asian with a medium skin tone (i'm medium beige in lumiere mineral makeup)

thanks for your help!

Hey there!!! this is what i normally do just to go out if you're looking for another asian..this are my less extravagent styles but what i wear out for dinner or to work. http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?p=805583#post805583

Winthrop44

Orb on the lid with or without a bit of Juiced on the outer third, Malt in the crease, whatever you like to tightline the upper lashline.

summerxdreams

Thanks for the help guys!

Is there any way to see what they look like (like... not in the pan, but on skin?) without going into the store and trying them on?

lil_kismet

When I want a very simple yet polished look, I often use either Naked Lunch or Jest e/s and neatly line my eyes as thinly and as close to my lashlines as possible. Curling lashes also does wonders.

chameleonmary

era is a lovely medium brown which i often apply to the whole lid up to the eyebrow. its great for a polished look.

LatinaRose

My easy daytime eyes - shroom as a wash, haux to the crease, and a bit of brun in the outer v and underneath. Line with dipdown f/l and apply mascara. Quick and easy, light but still has a bit of drama.