Very oily skin in photos

sephoraholic

Hi ladies!

I have a few weddings to go to in a few weeks, and my skin is specially oily in my t-zone in photos. It looks terrible. I've used MUFE Mat Velvet +, MAC blot powder, Rimmel stay matte and a few primers but nothing seems to hold up on my skin after a few hours (even with blotting sheets).. Does anybody have any recommendations?

shellygrrl

Staff member
What's your skincare routine? Beyond that: I have an oily t-zone myself, and have used MUFE Mat Velvet+ in the past, but it and I didn't get along, either. In my case, it oxidized. I have better luck with foundations with more satiny finishes. (Some foundations I've used: Maybelline Fit Me, Becca Radiant Skin Satin Finish, NARS Sheer Glow (not very sheer or glowy, IMO -- more medium coverage, semi/demi-matte finish).)

sephoraholic

Beyond that: I have an oily t-zone myself, and have used MUFE Mat Velvet+ in the past, but it and I didn't get along, either. In my case, it oxidized. I have better luck with foundations with more satiny finishes. (Some foundations I've used: Maybelline Fit Me, Becca Radiant Skin Satin Finish, NARS Sheer Glow (not very sheer or glowy, IMO -- more medium coverage, semi/demi-matte finish).)
My skincare regimen mainly consists of Cerave products (Cerave foaming facial cleanser, 2.5% benzoyl peroxide treatment for spot treatment and prevention and Cerave moisturizing cream mixed with an AHA lotion for anti-aging, except I swap this moisturizer with a lighter one with SPF for my morning routine)

MUFE Mat Velvet+ oxidizes on me as well.
ssad.gif
I've been thinking about giving MAC Studio Fix a try. I have heard some good things about the Becca line for oily skin as well. I will definitely take a look into your recommendations, I've been looking for a replacement for my current foundation - thank you :)

shellygrrl

Staff member
I ask about skincare because you mentioned patchiness, and sometimes problems like that aren't the foundation; it's the skincare. I've not tried Becca's matte foundation, or the matte primer, so can't say anything to those. I think MAC Studio Fix Fluid and Revlon Colorstay (Combination/Oily) are similar in formula. I hope you find something that works for you!

MeJaneYouTarzan

A tip I heard a long time ago and still use daily is to apply a light coat of milk of magnesia to your t zone. You can use a cotton ball or a foundation brush to apply it. Use a light hand, and if you put on a little too much, use a barely damp or dry washcloth to buff out any whitish spots. I mix a little concealer and a little powder foundation into the milk of magnesia in my hand before applying it, which helps a little with the whiteness. Follow the rest of your routine as usual after it dries.