very sudden extreme breakouts!!!

XsheXscreamsX

this post is referring to my boyfriend...
Ever since we have been together he has had pretty decent skin, with only a few pimples here or there. He started a new job two weeks ago, where he is doing pretty strenuous manual labor. He works 12 hour shifts and is sweating the entire time. After like the thrid day he started developing lots of tiny white heads on his fore head. Every day since they have gotten significantly worse. There is alot of redness and each one has the white head thingy on it. I, myself have been blessed with pretty good skin my enitre life, so i dont really know how to treat this. my questions are...
will it go away, since it came on so fast... or will it just keep getting worse?
and
What are some good products to help get rid of these? like i said there are tons covering the whole forehead.

any help is appreciated!! thank you

Jaim

It's probably due to stress, so his skin might clear up once he's used to his new job/schedule. If not, he could try Proactiv or Murad.

jessiekins1

your boyfriend does not need acne medication, he just needs to wash his face while he's at work. he also needs to wash his face when he gets up in the morning and before he goes to bed. so, 3 times a day. sweating (and probably dust and grime) is suffocating his skin and causing his skin to react and bring up pre-existing congestion. get him into a daily routine suited for his skin type. (dry, oily, sensitive, etc.) cleanse, tone, moisturize. try to get him to exfoliate every other day during his night time routine. plus throwing a mask in there once a week would definately help him. please make sure the toner dosn't have alcohol as it will dry out the skin and cause it to produce more sebum, making it oilier. proactiv far too harsh for him and it's a widely over-used product. imho, proactiv shouldn't be available to the general public.
th_confused_new.gif
it's just too strong and used by people who don't need it.

Latest posts